1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Owners....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by snampeg, Feb 18, 2008.

1. snampeg

snampeg

Jan 4, 2008
    SWEDEN
    Helloa.....

I have just gotten a Spector Euro 5 LX and really love this bass.....
    But I'm having some problems with the TonePump.... since the bass was used from the beginning but I got it from a local music store there is a warranty on it.

The thing is that should I try to fix the TonePump in it or should I replace it with an EMG BQC system ?

Is there a big difference between these two preamps or ?
    :meh: :confused: :meh:

2. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    whats the problem?

3. snampeg

snampeg

Jan 4, 2008
    SWEDEN
    When I turn the bass tone put up the signal from the bass is to high and the speakers basicly just pop when I'm on the B,E,A sting..... I have no problems when the put is turned down all the way but.
    I have the same problem with any amp I plugg in the bass to.

4. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    So turn down the volume when you boost the EQ. :rolleyes:

5. snampeg

snampeg

Jan 4, 2008
    SWEDEN
    Well the problem is basically that I can't use the pot at all, before it starts to increase the volume to much...

6. davidmpires

davidmpires

Aug 5, 2007
    London
    your problem is the speakers not the bass. I have a Spector myself and indeed they are very HOT, but the problem is if you have a good amp, like Ea, F1, or something like that, you need a cab that goes well into low frequencies otherwise your tone will suffer, that was what happened with my ampeg svt210 and I swaped it for an ACME

7. David Hi.

What you doing over here in the dark side?

You should be practicing those runs :)

Davo