Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Performance NS-2002B Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Philthy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    The other day I was in my local Guitar Center, just fiddling around with some basses. And just for the hell of it, I picked up one of those Spector Performance Series (NS-2002B) basses (the low end $349 jobs). Much to my suprise, I really liked it. It actually had a great fell and sounded pretty damn good for a low end, passive bass. My main rig that I play thru now is Musicman stingrays (4 & 5 strings), SWR 750 head with a Goliath III & S.O.B. So, I'm used to playing the good quality stuff but I did suprisingly like this spector. After trying this spector, I plugged in the warwick corvette standard (passive electronics) and I think the spector sounded better. Call me crazy but it did sound pretty damn good. I'm actually thinking of picking up the Spector just for a backup, knock around, practice bass. Any thoughts on these basses? Just thought I'd share this experience with my fellow talk bassers.

2. Thats good to hear because i am also interested in this bass.. havent played it yet but hopefully will on monday or tuesday next week

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I have never tried the Performance series Spectors, but I own a Czech (Euro Series) 5 and a Professional (Korean ) Series 5. For the money I am well impressed - the Czech one I feel can hold it's own against a lot of high end basses costing twice as much, and the Korean one impressed the hell out of me in terms of build quality, feel and tone!

At the end of the day the acid test of a bass is - do you like it....does it feel/play good? Does it sound good? Does it give you the tone you want? If so - get the bass! Regardless of what it says on the headstock!

And if it doesn't do these things - don't get it....regardless of what it says on the headstock!