1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Performance

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChildoftheKorn, Feb 24, 2004.

1. ChildoftheKorn

ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    IL
    I need some opinions and experience with the spectator name and the spector perfromance 4 string, i know first thing some of you will say "argh new guy search" in fact i am new and have searched and found a whole lot of mentions of the spector name, nothing useful for what i need. Im thinking baout spending money 599$ now maybe ill find one used. Im think about upgrading my current setup, and with tx money coming, i think its about time. Any help would be appreciated.

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i think there a whicked bass, blows everything else away in tis price range, good investment. running it through my yorkville i geet some sweet tones out of it. soon ill be getting a custom kubicki, but im still hanging on to the spector. sentimental and becuase tis a good bass. i recomend getting one.

i wish i could show you a pic, but it says my photo is to big. some one help me :bawl:

but ya good bass

3. I have the spector performance 4, it is a great bass.
    Its contructed well, feels comfortable, sounds great (has lots of variety even with the passive pickups) and yeah its just a good bass.
    I will attach i pic of mine, the color is transparent orange
    Feel free to ask anymore questions

4. why would you need 599 for a spector performance series... you can get a professional series ns2000 neck thru for that much new old stock or you could get one way cheaper used and its 20 times the bass

5. Go find yourself a used NS2000 neck-thru.....you won't regret it.... you'll know the difference b'tween a slab of wood and an ergonomically carved body.

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist

Agreed!!!

7. Well yeah i agree with that, even though i have a performance bass.

Im thinking of trading my in for a neck-thru NS2000(professinal series) because prices on spectors have gone down alot. Though it wont be for awhile

8. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    I must admit, the body is the only thing I'm unsure about my Spector, it hasn't really bothered me especially since I'm so used to it. But everything else is tight . I got mine for $485 brand new with a soft case. Been playing it for 3 years with absolutely no quarrel. Love the tone for almost any kind of music. Great slap sound with a good set of strings on it, too.

Overall, I'd say its a well crafted value bass that can definately keep up with you for a long time. The only time it screws up is when I do. :rolleyes: