Spector Performance

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChildoftheKorn, Feb 24, 2004.

1. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    I need some opinions and experience with the spectator name and the spector perfromance 4 string, i know first thing some of you will say "argh new guy search" in fact i am new and have searched and found a whole lot of mentions of the spector name, nothing useful for what i need. Im thinking baout spending money 599$ now maybe ill find one used. Im think about upgrading my current setup, and with tx money coming, i think its about time. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i think there a whicked bass, blows everything else away in tis price range, good investment. running it through my yorkville i geet some sweet tones out of it. soon ill be getting a custom kubicki, but im still hanging on to the spector. sentimental and becuase tis a good bass. i recomend getting one.

i wish i could show you a pic, but it says my photo is to big. some one help me :bawl:

but ya good bass
  3. I have the spector performance 4, it is a great bass.
    Its contructed well, feels comfortable, sounds great (has lots of variety even with the passive pickups) and yeah its just a good bass.
    I will attach i pic of mine, the color is transparent orange
    Feel free to ask anymore questions
  4. why would you need 599 for a spector performance series... you can get a professional series ns2000 neck thru for that much new old stock or you could get one way cheaper used and its 20 times the bass
  5. Go find yourself a used NS2000 neck-thru.....you won't regret it.... you'll know the difference b'tween a slab of wood and an ergonomically carved body.
  6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist

7. Well yeah i agree with that, even though i have a performance bass.

Im thinking of trading my in for a neck-thru NS2000(professinal series) because prices on spectors have gone down alot. Though it wont be for awhile
  8. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    I must admit, the body is the only thing I'm unsure about my Spector, it hasn't really bothered me especially since I'm so used to it. But everything else is tight . I got mine for $485 brand new with a soft case. Been playing it for 3 years with absolutely no quarrel. Love the tone for almost any kind of music. Great slap sound with a good set of strings on it, too.

Overall, I'd say its a well crafted value bass that can definately keep up with you for a long time. The only time it screws up is when I do. :rolleyes: