Spector Performer, and pickup upgrade.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Arnie, May 14, 2005.

1. Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Hey Guys,

Just bought a spector performer, and don't care for the stock (non active EMG's) any suggestions what might be a drop in active alternative, with little physical changes to the Bass?
  2. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    well, what kind of emg's are they?
    soapbars? j's? p/j's?

possibly just a set of active emg would be the next logical step if you want an active sound.
  3. Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    they are like soapbars.
  4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Go to this page and click on the 4 String Extended Range pickup link (or 5)...another option are EMG 35/40 HZs, not active, but a better passive option to the EMG Selects that are stock on the Perfomers...
  5. jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    I changed out the stock pickups in my Spector 'Performance' series with an EMG 35P4 in the neck and an EMG 35TW in the bridge. I also installed the BTS system.
    IMO It has made a vast improvement in the way the bass sounds and responds. I also like being able to use the coil tap on the TW to get a single coil pickup sound.
    BTW, I was able to fit two 9 volt batteries into the electronics cavity even with the BTS system installed!