Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Pickup's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by alien533, Nov 18, 2002.

1. alien533

alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    London,England
    Ok I have a spector NS2000. It uses passive electronics and has a soapbar pickup. I want to change it to an active pickup, but i dont know what one to buy! If some one could suggest some then i can email companies and get quotes on how much they will cost! Also would i be able to use the passive one aswell? BTW its only got two control knobs; volume and tone. The pickup company is "EMG"
    Heres a pic of it if your interested on what a NS2000 looks like :)

http://www.thebassgallery.com/spector299.html

2. Ouch, talk about your basic bass. :D

I hear MANY good things about the Sadowsky preamp. You'll want to get a Stomp Box version though..that's the outside version.

Pickups? Oh hey try to upgrading your EMG pickup to 18 volts.

GO HERE

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I saw this thread in basses. It's not "nice" to douple post. :)

EMG's make active pickups. They're about $85. Duncan also makes pick ups that size for about the same price. So does Bartolini.

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Your thread in Basses has been deleted. In the future, please do not double post the same topic in different forums.

And I would personally go with EMG pups for it. To me, EMG's and Spectors go hand in hand.;)

5. alien533

alien533

Feb 21, 2002
    London,England
    Hey thanks for the replies, but do you know what pickup would be the best ones to use out of the EMG's?
    Sorry about posting this message in more than one forum :( :oops:

Thanks

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    There is a new EMG pick up in the same casing as your that is a humbucker but you can add a switch to have it run like a single coil ot a humbucker. I read about is in a magizine & it isn't on the EMG site yet. It would make you bass alittle more versatile.