Spector PJ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Oct 30, 2002.

1. I'm looking to get me a good versatile 4 string. I want something that gets a really good modern slap tone but is versatile enough I can use it in any situation. How do the Euro spectors with the PJ configuration fit that role?
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i'd say that the Czech spector NS4CR is a great bass for what you are looking for. i am waiting for a good deal on a used one. i used to have a 5 string SSD Czech and it was awesome. but i am more a 4 string guy so i sold it. i'd love to have one in this color:

if you could be interested i higly suggest you to try a Warwick Streamer (or corvette) jazzman. those are superslapper to me! and if you like their raw wood neck and their lodùw mids prominent sound you could love one of those! i love mine!

all the best!
  3. Spector seems to have lost their popularity here on talkbass. There used to be a lot of posts about them.
  4. Who?
  5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Surely you jest. Spectors rule, as always.
  6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

I don't presently own a Spector but I've had many and they are well made and have a distinctive tone about them. I'd say a Czech made Spector would definately do the job for you. They look great, too:)

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Garret, please!!!! :)

Spectors rule. As the ad says, 42 years manufacturing if you count those who have COPIED their design.