Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Profesional vs.European

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fadlan bassman, Jul 17, 2002.

1. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    Now I understand that the NS2000-5 and the NSCRFM are totally different, but I am wondering if replacing the EMG HZ pickups from the NS2000 will improve the sound enough to compare to a NSCRFM. I have played both and I like the European model much better, but the Profesional played pretty good too (and is $900 less). I am considering EMG DC35s. Has anyone done this or researched it.

2. ah yes.. the good old fashioned transport-cost problem :)

czech spectors are way cheaper than american spectors over here.. same with warwick.. one that costs $ 1500 over here goes for $ 2500 in US..
    and a simple 4-string stingray with piezo goes for about $ 2600 over here..

:( :(

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I guess that you'll get more output, but you've got to remember that body wood will also affect the tone somewhat.

I have considered this as I have both an NS5CR and a REX2000/5!

4. I just sold a NS200-5 to a guy on e-bay and he told me that was the first thing he was gonna do when he got it...Change the pickups and onboard electronics.

5. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I decided to say to hell with it, I talked to Gard at Bass Central and got a smokin deal. Lets just say I paid less for the european with deluxe case than what Mars was selling just the bass (around $250 less).:) :eek:

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Congrats on your deal!