Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Professional Series!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liran, Jun 13, 2002.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I was at the store earlier today, and I was bored so I just picked up a Professional Series bass and I started playing fingerstyle "aight that sounds ok", then I started slapping on it! "MY GOD!" The slap sound on this thing is great! I was just wondering, on the higher end spectors (USA). how do they compare to the professional series? Specifics please! Thanks!

Oh ya the harmonics on it are great too, they jump right out of it!

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Couldn't really comment on the USA series, but I've got 2 NS5CR (Czech ones) and a REX 2000/5 - professional series but with different body shape.

The professional series doesn't quite have the same output level of the Czech stuff - I have to turn the amp up a bit to get it on par with the Czech ones, and it doesn't quite ahve the tonal flexibility that the Czech ones do - about 90%.

The main difference I noticed was in the finish/build construction - which to be honest wasn't a great deal seeing as the Korean ones cost about 1/2 of what the Czech ones do!

A lot of people here seem to think that the Czech Spectors are some of the best value for money you can get - I'm one of them. The fact that the professional series comes quite close, says volumes for the value for money of those basses also!

3. The sound quality of the USA and the Europe series is nearly identical. There is a noticable drop in construction and sound quality in the Professional series. It's not to say that they're bad, they just don't measure up to their big brothers. Yanking out the stock non-active EMGs and re-installing some active EMG pickups to the Professional series is an easy and somewhat economical way of improving their sound quality more toward the pricier Spectors.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    mine has a active emg eq and i added another battery to it (two batts.)
    and the volume went way up!
    mine sounds great now!

steve