Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Q&A

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Jul 2, 2005.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    There is a Spector for sale used at a GC near me. They want $400 for it I dont know the model but it is a 5 string and a neck thru body. What do you guys think, good buy or not? It sounds kinda fishy to me. It comes with a case. :eyebrow:

2. B.Hendrix

B.Hendrix

Mar 24, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Sounds like a Korean made NS2000 - former professional series. If it is, thats a good deal. I've got a 4 string and love it! :D

3. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I already asked them what model it was and they said they didnt know. What a bunch of idiots. :)

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    What kinda headstock did it have, Paddle or more streamline? Did it have Gold or Black hardware? What kinda inlays?

Paddle, Black Hardware, Dot Inlays = NS2000/5

Streamline, Gold Hardware, Clamshells or Tiny Dots = Czech

It's a good price none the less. If you don't buy it let me know where it is and I'll be picking it up. :smug:

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Most all of the Spectors have the Double S logo inlaid on the headstock. The Performer series, I believe, have the Double S gold logo decal on the headstock.

6. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    It had the Paddle, Black Hardware, Dot Inlays = NS2000/5. So do you guys think it is worth it? The GC says I cant take it home till the 25th, because they need to make sure it wasn't ripped off by somebody. What do you guys think? :)

7. I own one of those and I love playing it. I believe those basses play and sound like more expensive basses. They can get really low action and are real quiet most of the time. $400 doesn´t sound bad at all to me, especially considering that I paid a little over $700 for mine when they were still being made. I say go for it. I know that a los of people in this forum like the NS2000 series so you can also do a search and see for yourself.

Good luck

8. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  9. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id save up more and get a rebop.

11. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist

...now mind you, I played my first Euro/Czech model just recently when I bought it, so I don't have a lot of experience with "Czechtors"...but if that GC was close by, I'd be jumping all over that deal, if it's in good shape and not stolen...play it first if you can...getting one of those and upgrading the electronics to US specs is a great way to go budget wise... not that they sound bad stock...pretty darn good in fact...as stated above, IMHO, stacks up very well to the US and Euro models...

...just my opinion...

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Someone here is selliing a ns2000/5 for $350 used.

13. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I just picked up one of these for $150 here locally as a backup bass. Plays and sounds much better than that it should for that price. Guess I'm not really adding to the conversation, just bragging because I got a good deal. :hyper:

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Good deal.

Btw, 90% of statistics are made up on the spot.