Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Q4 Pro4 for $370, good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Special_Ed, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    I was thinking about picking this bass up today, it felt great as far as I knew (im a newbie) and sounded great, but I can't find any info on pricing.

What are your opinions on this bass and price of $370?

thanks

2. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    I've heard of cheaper (slightly) in the used market, but that's a really fair price, for a really sweet bass. It lists for $750 I think, but there's no way it'd sell for anything close to that. Anywhere in the $400 range (+/- $50) is reasonable to me.

3. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    More replies please? :)

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not a good deal anymore.

5. I dont mean to brag but I got a new Q5 for $240

6. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Dang, where at anotherbassist? A local shop?

Figjam, what should I expect to pay for one?

I thought the Professional series was better then the performer series, and the proformer series goes for around $350 new. Is there something wrong with the professional series that I should know about?

thanks for replies

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You can get them for around $250 now. $300 new.

8. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Cool, figjam I live in WA state. Is there a place I can order one online or know of any chain shops I could check out? I already visisted guitar center and they are selling a lower verion for 350 so count them out.

thanks

9. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I got my Q4 for $319 about 5 months ago on closeout at Guitar Center. You can probably get a better deal than $370, but tht's assuming you can still find one somewhere. The new Legend series has replaced the Q's.

I love my Q4. It has a great variety of tones, a very nice neck and IMHO sounds better than any other sub-$700 bass out there. If I were you I'd grab it for $370 unless you can find a better deal.

10. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    It's a great price for a great bass. There is nothing wrong with the Q series, in fact they are very well made and sound great! They are just at closeout prices a lot because they are now discontinued....

If you like it, get it! :)