1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Q4 Pro4 for $370, good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Special_Ed, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    I was thinking about picking this bass up today, it felt great as far as I knew (im a newbie) and sounded great, but I can't find any info on pricing.

What are your opinions on this bass and price of $370?

thanks

2. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    I've heard of cheaper (slightly) in the used market, but that's a really fair price, for a really sweet bass. It lists for $750 I think, but there's no way it'd sell for anything close to that. Anywhere in the $400 range (+/- $50) is reasonable to me.

3. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    More replies please? :)

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not a good deal anymore.

5. I dont mean to brag but I got a new Q5 for $240

6. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Dang, where at anotherbassist? A local shop?

Figjam, what should I expect to pay for one?

I thought the Professional series was better then the performer series, and the proformer series goes for around $350 new. Is there something wrong with the professional series that I should know about?

thanks for replies

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You can get them for around $250 now. $300 new.

8. Special_Ed

Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Cool, figjam I live in WA state. Is there a place I can order one online or know of any chain shops I could check out? I already visisted guitar center and they are selling a lower verion for 350 so count them out.

thanks

9. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I got my Q4 for $319 about 5 months ago on closeout at Guitar Center. You can probably get a better deal than $370, but tht's assuming you can still find one somewhere. The new Legend series has replaced the Q's.

I love my Q4. It has a great variety of tones, a very nice neck and IMHO sounds better than any other sub-$700 bass out there. If I were you I'd grab it for $370 unless you can find a better deal.

10. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    It's a great price for a great bass. There is nothing wrong with the Q series, in fact they are very well made and sound great! They are just at closeout prices a lot because they are now discontinued....

If you like it, get it! :)