Spector question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dudemeister, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Hi,
    I bought a four string Cirrus two years ago and I love the bass but I feel I want a five string bass instead. Now I've found a guy willing to exchange his 5str Spector NS5-CR for my Cirrus.
    Of course I want to try the instrument first but the problem is he lives a four hour trip away.
    I'll have some time at the end of next week (16-19 oktober) to visit him and try the bass, but I want to prepare myself a bit before i try it.
    Is there anyting special I shall check with this particular instrument? How do I identify it as a European Spector and not a Korean? I'll have to pay 2000kr (approx 250$) in between. Is it a fair change?

Can you identify it from this picture?
  2. that is definetly a euro spector. I think that sounds like a fair trade if you like the bass. one thing to be aware of is that the necks on spectors are a lot thicker than cirrus necks. they are more like warwick necks if you have played one of those. and for a 5-string they have tight string spacing. some people like that some don't. they do sound awesome and have wounderful build quality. definetly great basses if you like the playability and sound.
  3. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Yep, definitely a Euro... the Korean-made Spector 5's have a different headstock shape. I think it'd be a good trade, but you might not think the same...so make sure you play it for a while just to make sure you really like it before deciding. :)