Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassit, Jun 22, 2005.

1. bassit

bassit

May 24, 2005
    China Mainland
    I really like spector bass: EMG installed, cool finish, 4 string....
    Even I never play one, I don't mind.But there is a big problem
    refer to my buying plan.For I like big,long and heavey bass guitars, I am not sure wether the spector is big or long or heavey enough?
    I think the spector Legend 4 string (34" scale) is the same size as warwick streamer lX 4 string(it is too small I think). I am right ? So anyone own a spector,please give me some info about the size,weight..........
    according to the size,I guess Fender is OK. BTW,I play heavey metal.Thank you everyone TB Guy.

2. I have a 5-string Euro Spector. Long? Yes. Heavy? Yes. Big? No.

3. The Spectors and the Warwick Streamers are basically the same shape and size. Sorry...

4. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Bassit,

If I understand what you're saying/asking, you probably won't be happy with a Spector. I like every single thing about the Spector's except for the size ... the body just too small for me :crying: Same for the Warwick line ... if you're looking for the Fender bulkiness, neither Spector nor Warwick will do it for you.

It's really a shame, those are some beautiful basses :cool: