Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big giant head, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Big giant head

Big giant head

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm pretty new to the bass world and I've noticed that a lot of people are big on Spector so I went down to my local GC and tried a Legend 4. I really liked the sound of it so I can see why everyone likes them.

Now to my questions.
    1. A lot of people talk about the newer Spectors having fat or baseball bat type necks. Are the legends smaller than the others? The one I played was thick but didn't feel as clunky as my P-bass.

2. What has been your experience with getting a bass on e-bay or musiciansfriend? I see a lot of deals there.

3. Finally. Am I better off getting new Legend 4 from store or getting something like an NS2A from e-bay? Currently see one of those on e-bay.

2. i'm not experienced with spectors, but i can answer your second question. i ordered a bass from music123 a few months ago and everything worked out perfectly. it shipped across the U.S. in about a week and i could track it every day.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    eBay's hit or miss. Contact the seller, get a phone number if possible, as for odd picks that aren't in the listing, just to make sure they have it. I've only ordered small stuff from music123, so I can't really say there.
    I don't know about the legends, but generally Spector necks are hefty. I personally love it, some don't. You choose for yourself :).
    The older NS2A, Kramer era ones are loveable. I had the chance to play on one and wish I could've afforded it at the time. I think you'd be happy no matter what. Spectors RULE.

My $0.02

Ray

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Haven't managed to try a Legend yet but I agree about the necks. they are full and solid feeling, but not as big as a P-bass. :)

I've bought a few basses from eBay and luckily never had a problem. Buy from respected sellers who answer all your questions and provide lots of photos and you should be fine...

It depends on your budget. The new Legend basses are, by all accounts, great basses but they differ in many ways from the old NS2A's.... different woods, bolt-on neck, EMG-Hz p/u's etc.... it's all down to your budget and your personal preferences design-wise.

Either way though, you can't go wrong with a Spector! :hyper: :bassist: