1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

spector re bop fretless 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TGEvans, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Hey all. Wondering if anyone has ever played one of these. I have a korean spector as my back up bass and absolutely love it.hoping the re bop will be great as well. i am planning on getting one in zebrano wood if that will affect anything.any info would be great.tim.

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    The Rebop basses - look nice but do not play as well as they look. I had one - and unfortuantely, I found out that it was neck heavy. Mine also had a rough feeling fret board and some of the frets had exposed bottom edges that scratched me while playing high notes.

When I first tried it out, I loved the sound, but I played it sitting down. Now I do my test anytime I pick up a bass - I grab the arm of the bass and see if the body is heavier than the neck. If the neck falls forward, it goes back on the shelf. I don't care what it sounds like - if it's neck heavy, I don't want to deal with it. See if you can try this bass out before grabbing it, if you can't I would suggest avoiding it.