Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spector rebob 4 vs. tribute L2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thelastofus, Oct 21, 2004.

1. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    thinking about picking up one or the other, any comments welcome.

2. I own a Rebop 5- it's fretless, so my opinions & experiences may not apply to your situation, but just the general build quality, shape & playability are much better, IMO, than the Tributes I've played. On the other hand, actual G&L basses are very nice. One down side to my Rebop: the alder body dings easily.

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Yeah the alder does ding very easily..

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I really like Spectors and think the Rebop is better.

5. slicecom

slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Toronto
    I'd definatly go with the rebop. Then again im a Spector freak and i havent even played a tribute.

6. I like Spectors, but the Tribute would be my choice. Build quality is as good as everyone has said and the sound quality is close enough to the American G&L's for my taste.

Mike

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I've played both, and call me biased :p but I prefer the ReBop. Great feel, better ergonomics and a wide range of bass tones :bassist:

8. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I think you'd find the Spector has a greater variety of tone possibilities, and I've always liked the playability of the Spector necks.

9. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    The Spector may play better, but I don't think that it has a greater variety of tone possibilities. That is one thing that G&L has on almost everybody. Of course, all of this is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. ;)

10. Agree with that !

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    G&L (both American and Tributes) are tonal KINGS. Anything and everything can be had with them. The only tone I've ever been hard pressed to get from a G&L was that Ric tone, and that's the truth. But, everyman their own, I'd say you pick which one you like.

Ray

12. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    G&L's are incredible, no doubt. The Tribute models sound as good MIA models because they use the same exact electronics. FYI