1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

spector rebob 4 vs. tribute L2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thelastofus, Oct 21, 2004.

1. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    thinking about picking up one or the other, any comments welcome.

2. I own a Rebop 5- it's fretless, so my opinions & experiences may not apply to your situation, but just the general build quality, shape & playability are much better, IMO, than the Tributes I've played. On the other hand, actual G&L basses are very nice. One down side to my Rebop: the alder body dings easily.

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Yeah the alder does ding very easily..

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I really like Spectors and think the Rebop is better.

5. slicecom

slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Toronto
    I'd definatly go with the rebop. Then again im a Spector freak and i havent even played a tribute.

6. I like Spectors, but the Tribute would be my choice. Build quality is as good as everyone has said and the sound quality is close enough to the American G&L's for my taste.

Mike

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I've played both, and call me biased :p but I prefer the ReBop. Great feel, better ergonomics and a wide range of bass tones :bassist:

8. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I think you'd find the Spector has a greater variety of tone possibilities, and I've always liked the playability of the Spector necks.

9. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    The Spector may play better, but I don't think that it has a greater variety of tone possibilities. That is one thing that G&L has on almost everybody. Of course, all of this is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. ;)

10. Agree with that !

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    G&L (both American and Tributes) are tonal KINGS. Anything and everything can be had with them. The only tone I've ever been hard pressed to get from a G&L was that Ric tone, and that's the truth. But, everyman their own, I'd say you pick which one you like.

Ray

12. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    US
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    G&L's are incredible, no doubt. The Tribute models sound as good MIA models because they use the same exact electronics. FYI