Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Rebob

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Nov 26, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Hi. Ive been away for a while, Ive been posting a little more often as the GTA scene is getting overrun by little kids that know everything.

anyways, I want to know what you thoughts on spectors Rebob bass are.

Does anybody here own one? or even played one? Ive got a few questions about the 5 string model.

How does it play? How is the B? What does the sound best compare to? Do you have any pictures other than the one from spectors page? If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it/how much were they selling it for (if you only tried it)?

Thanks in advance for your help.:)

- Lesfleanut

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    bump!

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    "ReBob"???

Ya gotta cold? :confused:

;)

It's "ReBop"! :D

I can only comment on the 4 string so far, very nice indeed.

We're getting a 5er in stock next week, I'll try to get some "quality time" with it and post my impressions once it's here.

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    We've sold several of these so far. The quality and tone are great for a bass in this price range. I've got a 4 string myself! When we got the first shipment, I couldn't let it go.
    You'll be very happy with it if you already like the Spector tone.
    GEEK

5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Bassplayer had a pretty bad review on them awhile back. Mostly things that were missed when they were sent in for the review etc.

6. I've had my mitts on one. Compares very well w/ the neck thru's.

Spector = Good

7. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.

hahaha, I knew that too. :D

thanks for the info guys. and I cant wait for your reveiw of that 5 gard. :)

8. I post this on ever "Rebop" thread I see. I got the oridganal Rebop, a czech made bolt-on.It was released only in Europe & Canada as sort of a custom deal so it has a few more frills then the current Rebop model that came out some early 2002 but it plays very simular to it's Rebop "childern". I had the opertunaty to play a five sting bolt on for abit when my guitarist had to pick up his new amp. It felt really sweet, nice actions and looked like a mutha fuk (whitch mean's good:D ) I went back a couple of days later to try it thru an amp & maybe buy it but it was gone! :eek: :( So I can't tell you how it's tone compares...but difenatly a great bass as far as I checked it! Can't go wrong with a SPECTOR!!!!

9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Preach it, brother!!!

10. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Preach it, brother!!!