1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector Rebop 5 Seymour Duncan NYC pups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rickpl, Nov 4, 2018.

1. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Price:
    Strings:
    NigelD likes this.
  2. Damonjames

Damonjames

Sep 4, 2013
    Hey mate, what scale length is this please?? Is it a 34” or 35”???

3. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    View attachment 3203966
    Mate its 34 i'm not sure if I answered you already, but in any case.......

Damonjames likes this.
  4. There were no Rebop-5 made with 34” scale, only neck-through SSD 5ers were 34”. So this bass is 35” scale.

5. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    How do you measure your scale length? My calculations says otherwise......Please advise.

6. Jothabass

Jothabass

Jul 18, 2009
    Northern NJ
    Easiest way to do it its to measure from the nut to the 12th fret, and multiply it by 2. In this thread guys discussed other aspects about the scale length, and how intonation and other things can affect it Measuring Scale

7. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Yep thats what i did also.......

8. CH Design

CH Design Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    Technically you are correct, but there is a chance that this isn't a ReBop. Spector made some bolt-on basses in their Czech factory that pre-date the ReBop line. I believe those 5-strings had a 34" scale.

Here is an example (I'm not affiliated with the sale)
    Spector NS5CR 1998-1999 Gloss White | Scott 's Shop

Jothabass likes this.
  9. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Well I bought it as a Rebop and I have also done some research which identifies it as such and with a 34" scale. I can provide you with the link.. http://www.spectorbass.com/uploads/Resources/Archived_Czech.jpg. If you look at the pics I've placed here you can see where the serial number is located on the back of the head stock as mentioned. Thanks

CH Design likes this.
  10. NS5CR were always neck through basses. The bass on the link is a Rebop5.

11. Ok, I’ve just read the description where the seller refers to PJ and says he told him it’s not a Rebop..,this must really be one-off bass cause they did not officially build bolt-on NS5CR Model...strange. I think the best way is just to measure the scale of the actual bass ;)

CH Design likes this.
  12. CH Design

CH Design Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    I honestly don’t know if the early ReBop5’s had a 34” or 35” scale. However, I do know that the pre-ReBop5’s has a maple body. They switched to alder for the ReBop line. In my opinion, the bass in the pics for this add looks to have a maple (non-figured) body, not alder.

None of this should take away from the awesomeness of this bass. Regardless of the model, it’s a killer deal that someone should jump on.

13. Damonjames

Damonjames

Sep 4, 2013
    The early ns5CR had a 34” scale also. The dots are the giveaway. When they changed to crown inlays is when they changed both bolt on and neck through to 35” scale.
    Very rare beast!

14. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice! What's she weigh?

15. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    9.4lbs according to my scale

16. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Can't find a pic of the back of the headstock (your link in post #3 comes up error???).
    If it's vertical and has a "NB" before the digits-ReBop and should be 35" scale, because:
    Serials on all Czechs went to the vertical NB format with them starting over in 2001.
    All Czech and USA 5 and 6 strings went 35" scale in late 1998/1999 when the Spector
    trade mark was reacquired and everything changed back to Spector from SSD.

Rebops didn't even exist until 2002.
    Dots until actual inlays included around 2008 I believe (DLX added to model name).

By the numbers, if that's a Rebop it should be 35" scale. But that bridge makes me wonder.

And yes, it's a great looking bass.

17. Jothabass

Jothabass

Jul 18, 2009
    Northern NJ
    I think the bridge was upgraded at some point... I really like this one!!! Mmmm.... I have a Lakland DJ5 in pearl white that I could trade...
    GLWTS!!!

18. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Hello Jothabass, sorry I'm not looking to trade for another bass I've placed another fender here on this site that is also for sale by the way which is one of a few 5 bangers. I believe you have a very fine bass which could sell here and then you can come get this Spector passive, with the silky smooth neck! Or you can yours and own this one as well! Thanks for your info.

Jothabass likes this.
  19. Jothabass

Jothabass

Jul 18, 2009
    Northern NJ
    I understand, bro!!! This one looks really nice... And I bet the sounds it's perfect for a project that I'm putting together... I'll see what I can do!!!
    Thanks and GLWTS!!!

20. rickpl

rickpl Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Ok boss, good luck!