1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector Rebop 5 String w/upgraded electronics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scotius2001, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for grabs - Spector Rebop 5 string (Czech made) $600 shipped OBO. Electroincs upgrade, EMG 40P/40J pickups and EMG BQC preamp with volume, pan, bass/treble/mid/mid sweep controls. Very lightweight alder body and 3 piece maple neck with rosewood board. Great condition, a few body nicks but nothing serious. You can see from the one pic there's a discolored spot between the 2 pickups where I guess the previous owner rested his thumb. Pretty clean otherwise. Great sounding and playing bass with beefy B string. Not sure of the age. I bought it used a few months ago and while I really like its sound and feel, it's just not the right sound for my live needs and there's a Markbass head calling my name so off she goes ;).

Nice Dean softshell case included. Will ship anywhere in the CONUS. Looking for a cash sale so trades are unlikely (but feel free to offer it up). Perfect Ebay and TB feedback history. More pics available on request. Feel free to PM or email me with questions. Thanks for looking.

Sound clips uploaded:
    Both Pickups
    Bridge Pickup
    Neck Pickup
    Slap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    This is a nice bass!!

If you play aggressive music, or Latin, this set up kills! Great pickups

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Man, that's nice! You guys are killing me with all these nice basses! With xmas coming, I just can't pull the trigger this time!

Here's a 'bump' for a nice bass!!

4. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Bump for a great bass. The ReBops are awesome basses, much cleaner sounding than the Euro neck-thru's IMO.

5. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    Sweet bass. I dig the clips. Really nice sound. :bassist:

6. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Wow, that's a fantastic price... bump for a great deal!

7. Thanks for the bumps guys. Every time I listen to those sound clips, I start thinking I might be crazy to let this thing go so somebody buy it before I change my mind!
    ;)

8. Bumping with a price change to $650 shipped for the new year. Would much rather sell this to a TBer than put it up on Ebay ;)

9. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago
    You guys really don't know what you're missing. This is a great price for an unbelievably under-rated bass. If I didn't already own 2 of them, I'd be waiting for this one to arrive. This baby easily sounds better than most basses that (new) cost twice to thrice as much.

Free bump, because someone will SORELY lose out if they don't pick this up.

10. Bump to say thanks for the last post and to see if anyone agrees.

;)

11. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    bump

12. Bump with a price change to $600 shipped. I'd really like to keep this thing in the TB family so somebody STEAL this puppy! ;)

13. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    Great sound clips. Me thinks you might regret selling it.

14. Bump...

15. It's not just your opinion - to my ears, the ReBops have the punch of a good Jazz bass while cutting back a bit on the "crisp" high-end of the neck-through models. I was very surprised at how much punch this has - likely from the 40P/J EMGs as opposed to the more common 40DCs. Nice selection of pups, and that upgrade makes this bass an absolute steal! Bump for the punch, and if I hadn't just purchased a POG...

16. Yell03SpecV

Yell03SpecV

Mar 22, 2006
    Chicago
    It still floors me that there is very little interest in this great deal. I may have to start sourcing 600 bucks if everyone's going to sleep on this.

17. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry Supporting Member

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    Somebody buy my Jazz so I can buy this!

18. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I think that I need to own this bass. PM sent.

19. PM Answered...

20. Sale pending...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.