Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Spector Rebop 5 unlined fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassteban, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natural-finish alder body, maple/rosewood neck, EMGs w/Aggie 2-band EQ. Black Beauty strings(BEADG)& black hardware. Includes gig bag, strap & straplocks. See pics at BassNorthWest(bassnw.com)where it's on consignment. It's at $599 right now, but I will consider any offers. I'd definitely be interested in a cheap fretless 4 or 5 string ABG+cash, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8/10 octave-tuned or 12 string fretted solid body... amp(s)... fancy-schmancy pedals, whatever...

2. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    i had been seeing it in Bnw. lovely bass, just wonder how it sound

3. I don't have the bass w/me, but the tone is very versatile. Soloed rear pickup yields great mwah, front pickup does a great upright sound. It has separate volumes & master bass & treble. I always played w/the rear pickup at full, a bit of front mixed in, treble just cracked & bass at about 3/4 full-on. Serious growl! If I can't get close to what they(bassnw)are asking, I'll just keep it- but I'm sure it would be happier getting played! Thanks for asking.

4. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    how much do this baby weight?

5. I couldn't say, really- lighter than my Fender Jazz 5, MUCH lighter than ANY Warwick. Balance is, to me, at least as important as weight. That being said, the bass balances well- it's just slightly more neck-heavy than, say, a Jazz bass. Not perfect, but not bad. The guys at Bassnw might be able to weigh it for you. Be aware of the time difference if you want to call. ;)

6. Bumplings. Why nobody love my bass? :(

7. SOLD(on layaway, at least)! Sorry, SomeGuy.

8. NOT sold; layaway guy backed out, SomeGuy steps in. :hyper: Stay tuned for more uninteresting drivel...

9. Can you tell me the width of the neck at the nut and heel?

Also, can't find the pics...

Tony

10. Hey Tony, the bass is on it's way(in a roundabout manner)to TBer SomeGuy. I don't have specs, & the pic is down(at Bassnw)because I had them send it to me. I'm sorry, but the bass was for sale for at least 2 months. :( The spacing is a bit narrower than the typical Fender 3/4" at the bridge- my preference; the nut width was alright. I can definitely reccomend these basses for playability & tone- I just like 34" scale & wide spacing. Thanks for asking.
    Steve

11. Gone!To SomeGuy(a great guy, BTW).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.