1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Rebop 5DLX truss rod

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by awilkie84, Aug 4, 2012.

1. So, my guitar tech informed me today that the truss rod on my Rebop 5DLX is all but seized.
    The good news is that the neck is straight & has the right amount of relief...until the weather decides to change. -_-
    I'm a complete novice when it comes to knowing what can be done in this situation.
    Since it's a bolt-on neck, I'd assume a replacement option must be available through some method, right?
    Alternately to this, what's involved with replacing the truss rod & is it costly? :S

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Did you buy this new or used? I'd probably send it back to Spector for any work. They'll take care of you!

3. It was used. It's a 2006.

4. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Try a couple of small sprays of wd40 or pb blaster down the truss rod and store the bass upright. Don't use too much. That should help free up the nut. On the plus side those necks are very stable and don't move much. I haven't needed to adjust mine in over a year. Keep the bass in the case (as you should) when not playing , it will help.