1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Rebop DLX 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HigherGround93, Sep 28, 2009.

1. HigherGround93

HigherGround93

May 3, 2009
    I have a chance to get a Spector Rebop 5 from some guy for $600 is it worth it?

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Yes.

3. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Definitely!

4. Jump on it!! Thank us later. Time's a wastin!!!

5. HigherGround93

HigherGround93

May 3, 2009
    haha should I just not try bargaining it down?

thanks for those who replied!

6. Thundar

Well Im sure its always worth a try...I had a Rebop5 that I sold for the same amount, but I bought it for a bit less...they are worth the money if thats what youre concerned about...anytime you can get a Spector for under a grand, even a Rebop, I think its a good deal

7. HigherGround93

HigherGround93

May 3, 2009
    what are the pros and cons of the bass?

8. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    They are very nice basses, if I needed a modern 5 string, I would take that deal.

9. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    EMG HZ and tone pump may not be your bag. Pros is all the rest :) Tight-ish string spacing maybe, that's with all the spectors.

10. Thundar

I dont think there are any cons, but that depends on who you ask...not everyone is a fan of the pickups and tone pump preamp, but I dont think those are cons. The pros are the weight difference between the Rebop and Euro neck thru's...Rebops are lighter, and the neck profile is generally slimmer than the Euro neck thru basses as well, and they have the satin finish on back of the neck as well.

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Con - Tendency to have a little neck dive.

Pro - It's a Spector!:D

12. HigherGround93

HigherGround93

May 3, 2009
    thanks

13. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Best B string you can find. If you don't like the electronics swapping out EMG stuff is too easy.

Put a BQC pre and your choice of pickups (40cs in the neck and 40DC in the bridge works very well) and it is a rockin bass with multi-tones and about 2.5 pounds less than a Spector neckthru.

Still under $1k with the upgrades. Judicious shopping can turn up used electronics for even less than that. You could end up with a really killer bass for around $800.
    Pearloid neck inlays are nice if it has them.

We thinks you should spring for it!

14. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Its a fair but not outstanding deal. Make sure you like the electronics though