1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

spector rebop.. pricing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by instigata, Apr 6, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    found a spector rebop 4 in tobacco burst for about 1069 w/ case at a local place. didn't get a chance to play it. but i'll be going back soon.

it looks nice. is that a good price? i bet i could wittle them down. pull a pay in cash and tax free. maybe get it for 940.

2. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    NO! There is a Spector Rebop at my local GC that they've been trying to sell for $900 for about half a year now. One weekend they lowered it to $700, but nobody jumped on it. Definitely haggle for a lower price.

3. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    im known to haggle. like a mofo. :smug:

i noticed it doesnt have a "highly figured top" as advertised. there goes 120 bucks.

4. I'd bet good money that's an NOS "vintage" ReBop they're trying to move - the older, dot-necked pre-Tone Pump go for significantly less ($6-800, depending on number of strings and finish) when the newer crown-inlayed hit the market. For $700 I'd consider picking that up.

As for the original poster: pass it, it's on the high end of the everyday price.

5. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    Well that´s a lot of bass for your cash...
    The rebops make real nice fretlesses...

6. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    as i said, i hadn't played it when i posted.

i went today though. and its pretty awful. WAY too bright, and honestly i want passive. all the way.

so yea. i'm passing.