Spector Rebop, tuned CGCF what do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Droog, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    So I have got it in my mind that I want a Rebop, I really like the one I got a chance to play at the local GC and have yet to read a bad review. However I will be immediatly re-stringing and seting up to tune CGCF. Does any body have any comments either pro or con?

Preferably I would like a 35" scale because (as stated in a recent thread) my 34" scale P-bass does not respond well to the low tuning and heavy strings, just can't get the proper tension. Do think I will run into the same problem if I buy a Rebop?

Thanks all.
  2. First off, I'll tell you, you picked a fine instrument. I bought one about 3 weeks ago and love it. Anyway, I dont do alot of alternate tunings like this but, I tuned my Rebop to your specs. Now keep in mind, Ive got the 5 string, which is what youll end up buying if you want a 35 scale. I tuned the low B to a C and it sounded fine. It was a little sloppy but not bad at all. The E to G and so on. The five string is set up to be tuned that much lower, so theres plenty of headroom to do so. As far as I know, if you want a Spector 35 scale, you must go 5 or 6 string. I say go for it. At the GC they costs the same and after playing a 4 string Iceman for 10 years, the 5 string Spector was very natural and took no time at all to get used to.