Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Rebop, tuned CGCF what do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Droog, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    So I have got it in my mind that I want a Rebop, I really like the one I got a chance to play at the local GC and have yet to read a bad review. However I will be immediatly re-stringing and seting up to tune CGCF. Does any body have any comments either pro or con?

Preferably I would like a 35" scale because (as stated in a recent thread) my 34" scale P-bass does not respond well to the low tuning and heavy strings, just can't get the proper tension. Do think I will run into the same problem if I buy a Rebop?

Thanks all.

2. First off, I'll tell you, you picked a fine instrument. I bought one about 3 weeks ago and love it. Anyway, I dont do alot of alternate tunings like this but, I tuned my Rebop to your specs. Now keep in mind, Ive got the 5 string, which is what youll end up buying if you want a 35 scale. I tuned the low B to a C and it sounded fine. It was a little sloppy but not bad at all. The E to G and so on. The five string is set up to be tuned that much lower, so theres plenty of headroom to do so. As far as I know, if you want a Spector 35 scale, you must go 5 or 6 string. I say go for it. At the GC they costs the same and after playing a 4 string Iceman for 10 years, the 5 string Spector was very natural and took no time at all to get used to.