Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector ReBop(used) or Legend?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkside 88, Jul 7, 2005.

Spector Rebop(used) or Legend?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2005.
  1. ReBop

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Legend

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    For a hard rock band that uses incorparates other genres, funk, blues, jazz and the like.

2. I guess it would depend on severity of use for me... Personally I prefer a used Rebop, because I hate the way the Legends look... Just hate gold hardware, and I mean hate... With a passion almost too...

Also, The Rebop os going to give you better quality overall if only "slightly" used and properly set-up. I'm not sure which bass magazine it was, but one of them did a Legend 4 and 5 review about a month or two ago. I don't recall what they said about it... Don't even really remember reading it.

~Ryan

3. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Bump.

4. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    Think it was bass player magazine

Anyway.... whats the differences between legend 4 and a rebop... tone, quiality...ect, wise?

I'm thinking about getting one or the other, thats why. :confused:

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Korean vs. Czech...or Professional Series vs. Euro Series...the Legend is made in Korea, while the Rebops are of European manufacture...I like my two Korean Spectors just fine though!

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    ReBop all the way..they sound amazing,i test one am i have to say wow what a sound,4 strings and 35 scale,nice sounds out of the body

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, I'd go for the Rebop. I did. They're amazing basses; for the money or period. Plus, I hate gold hardware, too.

8. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    I saw the rebop, and the hardware is black

What kind a material is it? looks like cheap plastic..

9. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I know Bass Central has Rebop's for $699.

10. The rebop's never let me down. Luckily,GC was getting rid of them so i got mine for $500. Still a great bass overall. Not to familiar with the legend though.

11. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Why are they getting rid of the ReBops?

12. Bass Player Magazine reviewed the Legend 4 & 5 last month but not the Rebop. Here's the link: www.bassplayer.com . I've got to say, I'd normally go for the Euro model but (not having played a Legend) I think I'd be seriously tempted by the neck-through's brighter, more aggressive sound - Rebops tend to be a little more mellow, but stunning none the less. I'd have to play them back to back and even then it would come down to personal taste - no help I know. :(

13. Joenok

Joenok

Jul 1, 2005
    Arctic Norway
    The Rebops got "facelifted" -so the shops sold out the old ones (without the block inlay fingerboards) I sold four of them, still got the last one. Think I´ll keep it.

My advice is to go for the Rebop. It IS a better playing instrument.

14. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    I know sound is like...the most important, but for some reason i'm really attracted to the legend appearance... I just dont like the black hardware on the rebop.

15. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    How do the tones compare?

16. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Any one?

17. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Please?

18. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    sorry, haven't played either...and I forget how my Professional series sounded stock...it's been awhile...my Euro bolt on sounds nice and growly though! Best low end I've heard from Jazz pickups...the current Re-Bops have soapbar HZs though...