1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Spector Rebop/Zebop 4 DLX-EX with US 18v HAZ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by e.rich, Oct 25, 2017.

1. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Price:
    Strings:
    11/16: PRICE DROP!

One last/final price drop. Need to get this one sold . $899/shipped.

Up for grabs today is my heavily upgraded Spector Rebop 4 DLX-EX. This is a whole lot of bass in a comfortable, easy-on-the-shoulder , 8lb 10oz package. Some details:

-- Zebrawood top with alder back.

-- The original TonePump is long gone, in favor of a US 18V Haz preamp . The HAZ preamp controls knobs are master volume, blend and stacked bass/treble. The knob closest to the butt end is a dummy control. Knobs are correct for the 18V Haz as you'd find on a US build.

-- The neck is currently setup with .010 relief at the 9th fret and string heights of 5.5/64” E and 4.5/64” G string and plays great.

-- Pickups were upgraded to EMG 35DCs

-- Custom-cut brass nut

--Brand new, just installed black Gotoh GB7 tuning machines and matching new Schaller strap locks (the original tuners and strap buttons will be included)

In terms of wear, it's quite clean overall. There are some cosmetic issues which do not affect the function of the bass but I want to be fully transparent. On the back of the body from the control cavity towards the butt end there are 2 fine cracks in the wood which stop at the top/back body glue joint. The cracks have been glued with wicking super glue which has left a little residue on the clear coat. There is no danger of the crack spreading and it is a solid repair. On the front of body there are some very fine scratches, rub marks and a tiny dent on the butt end. Back of body has some very fine scratches, rub marks and 3 noticeable dings which cracked the clear coat. Headstock tip has some rub marks and face has some very fine scratches. Fretboard face has 2 small dings and some very fine scratches. The back of the neck has some dings that could be sanded out. The bridge has some scratches. The neck at one end of the nut has some very minor finish scratches.

No hard shell case but I will include a nice well-padded gig bag and will pack securely for shipping.

Trade offers will be politely declined. I'm just moving this one as I have another Spector inbound. Spector Club discount applies, of course.

IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2608.JPG IMG_2609.JPG IMG_2610.JPG IMG_2611.JPG IMG_2613.JPG IMG_2614.JPG IMG_2615.JPG IMG_2616.JPG IMG_2726.JPG IMG_2728.JPG IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2730.JPG

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  2. Wolf Tower 5

Wolf Tower 5 Still looking for all the answers.

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    I love that bass. Wish I had the funds to buy her back. The Zebrawood give that bass an incredible sound. GLWTS

e.rich likes this.
  3. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Fresh new tuning machine and strap locks bump!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  4. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Let's get this sold, price-drop bump!

5. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    One last big-ol' price drop....

6. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Bumping this. C’mon guys. Need to get this one sold!

7. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Bump.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021