Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spector rebop5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by whitehype, Mar 10, 2003.

1. whitehype

whitehype

Feb 25, 2003
    so i play a brian moore i5 but am looking at getting a spector rebop5 ...... was wondering if anyone has an mp3 of a spec. so's that i can maybe listen to how it sounds....thanx

2. Don't really like them at all. See if you can get a used Czech Spector or something. I think yur best bets in the price range would be a Lakland Skyline or a Conklin Groove Tools bass.

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I am still wanting to play a ReBop actually, haven't heard much about them yet. The Czech Spectors are very good basses though- I really like the tone, and they play quite well. I've heard a lot of goof things about the Groovetools and Skylines like Chris said. Too bad I can't find amusic store aroudn ehre that stocks them.:(

4. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    I e-mailed Spector asking them in reguards to their NS2000 Neck-thru basses, and they said that they no longer make them. Last year, the Rebop outsold the NS2000 neckthru, so they're doing away with them. I have an NS2000 neck thru, and it's one of the nicest basses i've ever played. The Rebop must be REALLY nice!!

But, if you could maybe get enough money, I'd buy a Czech Spector if I were you. Neck thru and better pickups. I HATE EMG-HZ pickups. That's just me though.

--Matthew