Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector RebopDLX vs Warwick Streamer Std

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by konfishily, Apr 24, 2005.

1. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Im looking into buying a new 4 string and was deciding between a Spector RebopDLX 4 and a Warwick Streamer Std.

I played the Rebop and was very impressed, however i havent been able to find a streamer in of the stores around me. I've played other warwicks and was very impressed with them too. Both play extremely well. Ones from Czech and ones from Germany.

My band plays, i guess you would say modern rock, GNR type stuff, but i like to play all genres.

I need your guys' opinion on which is better, tonality, playability wise, etc...

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Spector > Warwick.

3. TO be honest both are a great choice, would do pretty much what you ask off. Just go by what you feel is good or "the right" choice!!

I personally would go for the Spector

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Spector < Warwick

5. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    +1

mike

6. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    lol so far its

3 for spector
    1 for warwick

hmm i guess i just need to keep looking around, keep the comments comming though

7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
  8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'll let you guess who I'd vote for. However, I'm going to give the mandatory "Try before you buy" statement then say GET THE SPECTOR!

Ray

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Another for Warwick. I played a Rebop and remain mighty unimpressed.

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Spector, but realize it's a derivation from what people consider to be the "standard" Spector sound due to body wood, construction (bolt-on as opposed to neck-through) and electronic differences. It's as if a Spector and Jazz Bass made sweet love down by the fire. :smug:

I like to refer to is as a "toned-down Spector" - less of the sizzling highs and EMG cutting tone, which I actually prefer but might not fit as well in the context of your typical Rock Band.

11. I would personally go with the warwick. I've tried tons of spectors when I was shopping around for a bass recently and I prefer warwick to spectors.

12. I vote Spector, I've never met one I didn't like, and that includes some Rebops (Never have played a performance series, though). I wish I could say the same about Warwicks, but I'm not a huge fan of them.

13. The Rebop is QUITE a bit cheaper. Pretty cool bass, too. I'm a Warwick man myself, but I'm voting for the Rebop based on value.

14. incognito89x

incognito89x &#9834;&#9835;&#9834; &#9834; &#9834; &#9835;&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I'm a warwick fan, but personally I think I would go with the Spector on this one. I've never been a fan of the Streamer Standard basses. I've had some minor GAS for a ReBop for a while though.

15. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses &amp; Cort Basses
    I'll let you guess my vote.... :smug:

Have you thought of picking up a used Spector Euro or Euro LX in preference to either though?

16. Amen to that. :)

+ another 1 for the Warwick.

17. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    You said that you played a Spector Rebop and were very impressed. You also said you have played Warwicks and liked them as well, but not the Streamer because you can't find one. I would try and find a Streamer to test out but if I couldn't, I would get the Spector before someone else does.

18. Kurt Hans

Kurt Hans

Mar 17, 2005
    Seattle
    Personally, I prefer Warwicks, but I would take the ReBop over the Streamer Standard. The Streamer Standard doesn't have the curved body, it has passive pickups, and it has a really cheap bridge on it. If you want a decent Streamer, try to find an LX or a Jazzman.