Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Rebops on the cheap

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ralphdaddy, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Just in case anyone's interested on the Spector website it says "Dot Neck" ReBops are on sale for 699 and 739, it was unclear if that was the list or the retail but still good deal on cool basses. Just wanted to alert you guys!

2. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    I just ordered the 5 string and was told to make a second color choice because they are going fast.

3. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Figures, what color did you go with?

4. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    My first choice was blue stain and second choice dark cherry burst.
    At the time of my order the availability was amber stain, black cherry burst, one blue stain, natural oil,
    tobacco sunburst, and one white.
    I got it a little less than the price stated on the Spector bass website, and the dealer is having it drop shipped direct to me from Spector.
    Now I wont be able to sleep for a week!

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I noticed that announcement myself, and the price is indeed retail not list. If I had a spare $600 lying aorund, I'd pick up a 4 string for slapping.

6. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah me too, I love those EMG P/J's, my only problem was when I was playing I had no clue the pre was boost only and I was geetin salty because there was no "center detent" so of course I get home and read up and discover... wow, no center detent cuz it's boost only numbnuts!! Epiphany... it comes so regularly to the stupid.

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    The ReBops have EMG-HZ soapbars not PJ's :)

8. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    While this may be true, I was talking about the Euro 4 string model even if I didn't make it clear, my mistake. Still cool basses either way.