1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Rebops

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 28, 2006.

1. alrighty..well on my never ending search on which bass to get next (fender, lightwave, musicman so far) ive been looking at the spector catalog and ive been looking at the Rebops (euro bolt ons) but ive only ever played a performer series 4, a euro neck thru 4 and a really old SSD 5er...so how do the rebops match up?

2. Had a fretless 'bop 5- well-built, good price, loved the tone, played well & the balance was decent; didn't like the spacing(a bit tight for me)& scale(all my BGs are now 34"). I've never played any Spector 4.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I can really hear and see you in a SR5....

4. I was looking at those too, and the rex looks very interesting, I have never had an explorer style body, and I bet it balances better than the NS style body.

5. Raiven

Raiven

Nov 28, 2005
    The only downside with my Rebop 5 is the 35" scale length is a bit cumbersome, but the tone and playability is sexy as hell.

6. ray 5?....of course, its so simple:smug: :D ...ive seen what i think is the hottest ray5, and old beaten up one of these mm_sr5_w_m_wp_used.

but honestly....can you see this guy with a ray:D ..........or a kubicki:ninja:
    RIMG0789.

7. I can't see you with a 'Ray 5, though I do remember your Kubicki... It was one that Stu Hamm personally played or something. As for the Rebops, I've played a couple and found them pretty good but I found the pickups a bit too hot for my taste. (thats just me though)

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    with the RAY! actually I pictured just that bass but with a white pearl guard [​IMG]

9. cmon james, i have a hard enought time not slappin my jazz 24/7....itll be so much harder with a ray:smug:

10. I've had 7 Spectors....all neck thru!!!

Currently I have 2 in my collection, an NS5CR - about 7 years old now, and a REX2000/5...with Holoflash finish....

There are no balance issues to be had with the NS stye body......it;'s great....but you do ge a bit of neckdive with the REX!!!! This could be partly because the REX has a 35" scaleand the NS only 34"......which puts the machine heads a wee bit further out.....Also, the REX has the fuller Spector headstock, and the NS has the cut down 5 string headstock!!!

Both basses play and sound great (as well as looking the part!!!)

:bassist:

11. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Dude! What were they thinking?!? They ACTUALLY gave you a mic? Wowee.

But really, I can't see you with a spector. You would be looking for a jazz or stingray within seconds knowing you...

12. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    played one today. and i think it fits my style pretty well.

very great calrity, weight, balance. etc.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
  14. i setup and operate the pa, i get a mic:smug: ..of course id be looking at a ray or a jazz, look where the thread went:smug: