Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Rex-2000 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Mar 30, 2001.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I have a bit of a dilema. About 8 months ago I ordered Spector Rex-2000 4 in blue stain. It was so back-ordered that I called Spector up & changed the order to a Spector NS-2000 5Q in red.

My problem is the REX 2000 arrived @ the store today & I want to buy it. GAS s totally taken over my life. I haven't seen the bass yet & I don't even know if I like it!!!!! If I come home w/another bass, MY WIFE WILL KILL ME!!!!!! & she'll probably give all my basses to you guys. LOL. Well I'll see the bass on Monday & will definitly update everyone.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey Nino, when she kills you I want the NS-2000 5Q.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Let me get this straight...

You want the bass, but don't want to suffer the consequences?:confused:

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I really don't like the body style, I do & I don't. it's sort of a downsized Gibson ThunderBird bass. I need to see it to see if I really want to buy it. If I buy it I can easily hide it from the wife no problem & when she asks me what I want for my b-day I'll say "Pay for a Rex Bass for me."

5. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Do you remember the guy that had his winnie cut
    off by his wife. Well if tried to do what you WANT to do. That would happen to me. They would find the sucker on the side of the road!!
    GAS is BAAAADDD!!
    Good luck!!!
    Dan

6. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    If she kills him ill take a NS CR or an american made one that you have if im correct :)

that rex body style is really questionable on likeness for just about anyone i would say, i like it but then again i think it might be a pain when you pain sitting or that it might be too akward to play.

7. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    If your killed, please leave me one of your Spectors - don`t care wich one.

Hey, don`t hide it, just buy the thing an go straight to her to tell her. Thats the best solution. Or ask her like - "Hey honeymousy, what would you think if I would buy another bass ?" or buy a pink one for her...

David

8. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    yo Nino

are ya gonna get the Rex in black holoflash? :D

I've never seen that finish in person, but they look kinda wack in the pics. Other than that, just about every other Spector finish I've seen looks sweet.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Screw the NS-2000 Embellisher, im going for the American 5! Its mine, right Nino?

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, I need a cheap five to mess around with. And besides that, it's a nice looking one too!

11. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I would like the REX if you get killed.. It would fit perfectly in my Progressive Thrash band.
    :)

Of course.. I would leave some flowers at your grave.
    :D

12. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    Hers an idea...

Write and record a love song for your wife using the rex and when you give it to her and she crys in happiness you can tell her about your new bass that inspired the song. She will want u to buy 100 more.

13. Can I have your Warmoth? ;)