1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Rex 5 in rare and cool trans blue!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EASonBass, Jul 17, 2007.

1. $650 plus shipping.

Sharing the love as I have 2 of these. Spector Rex neck through 5 string in a rare and cool high-gloss transparent blue over quilted maple top. This bass looks much like the US Rex 5 featured on the Spector web site minus the gold bling hardware.

The Rex 5 has a 35" scale, graphite reinforced 24 fret maple neck through-design with a maple body and maple quilt top. EMG HZ pickups and an EMG 2 band active. Converted to 18v operation.

The neck is straight and true. I have it set-up with super low action with absolutely no fret buzz. I have 3 Spectors including a Euro neck through. This Rex can be set up for lower action then the Euro and in my opinion has better tone.

I've added a bass balancer to the front bout which moves the strap button out towards the 12th fret. This eliminates the neck dive associated with this body shape. With the bass balancer the bass hangs well, perfectly balanced. The original strap button is still located in the original position on the back of the bass. The bass balancer was installed in the same location that the strap button is installed on the Rex US model. I will ship with the bass balancer installed and an extra strap button or I'll remove it and install a strap button at the buyer's option.

This blue Rex 5 is an awesome bass and as such I've played it at many gigs to great complements on the tone. As a result there is a little player-wear mojo. There is a chip in the poly finish a couple of inches from the output jack and a little buckle rash on the back that I tried to highlight in the photos. These can't be seen while playing and in no way effects the playability or tone of the bass.

The bass comes with the Gator GL light weight bass case shown in the pictures, set-up and ready play with brand new DR Highbeam strings installed.

IMG_0217.
    IMG_0213.
    IMG_0218.
    IMG_0211.
    IMG_0223.
    2Bncopy.

2. mikopita

mikopita Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    free bump for a cool bass.

That bass balancer looks an awful lot like paraphernalia. Does this bass double as something else?

3. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    Dude...did they catch the guy that stabbed your bass with a parker jotter??

ttt

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

I think a black light just turned on over my head...

free bump!

5. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    "No officer...that's just the balancer for my bass." :smug:

6. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Bump for you looking bad@ss with that bass.

7. Hey thanks. Trying hard . . . that pic is from a Michael Schenker and George Lynch show. That's 2 of George's 4 cabs directly behind me (the Hiwatt's)

8. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    bump....I just picked up a red rex-5. these are absolutely awesome basses for the money. cool look and great sound.

9. Bump . . . for a Wednesday price drop.

10. Bump for a price drop. $650 incl. shipping.

11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Oh man... I want that so bad. :(

12. Sold!