1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector ROX 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pineapplerobot, Jul 24, 2012.

1. pineapplerobot

pineapplerobot

Jul 23, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Been looking at this bass for a while, unfortunately no one near me carries Spector in store anymore. This is, so I assume, the cheaper version of the Rex Brown signature. For the price tag it seems pretty cool, and I can't get past the holoflash finish. I am by no means a metal head or play any metal music, the bass just plain looks sweet. Does anyone have one? Has anyone played one? What are your thoughts?

I currently have a 2007 Fender high-way 1 Jazz bass with S-1 switching, and a 2005-ish Fender deluxe active jazz mexican, running out of a MarkBass little Mark tube 800 with an Ampeg 4x10 HLF. I'm looking for a little something different, however I have also been eyeing several Warwick Corvette $$'s used online, which would be a similar price to the Spector.

2. pineapplerobot

pineapplerobot

Jul 23, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Really? No one has tried it out?

3. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    The REX series was renamed as ROX for a period of time, and then back to REX. I'm not sure about the reason.
    Some people own these basses in the Spector Club, you could try there, I'm sure they'll answer any question you might have :)