Spector Semi-Hollow

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tufnuts, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Hi all.

I just played a Spector Semi-Hollowbody w/ the Fishman piezo's. Single standard P/U, with volume for both piezo and P/U. Tone for the P/U, Cut/Boost for the piezo. 4 string.

Good golly molly. I was entranced. I just started pumping out solid, groovy fingerstyle like none other. Very inspiring. Then I switched up some tapping, slap/pop, chordal playing, anything I could think of.

Anyone else played one?
  2. I have not yet tried them. However, as an owner of 3 Europe series Spector basses, I am very interested in testing these basses out!
  3. D'oh. Forgot to mention, it was a Czech series bass also. EMG HZ P/U passive.

Trully a phenominal bass, both sonically and aesthetically.
  4. You're entering Jack Casady territory now. Sounded really good? I gotta check one of these out. How much was it going for? Tufnuts, did you ever play a Casady? It would be nice if someone here had played both.

Mike J.
  5. It was $599 w/o case. But I can't remember the list.

I haven't played that Lakland JC, but man...now I'm thinking of seriously trying to find a semi-hollow 6'er w/ piezos.

6. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    "Lakland JC" ? There's a Lakland hollowbody. THen there's the Epiphone Jack Casady model.

Also, I thought the semi-hollows were Korean made? They're not listed under "European Series" on the Spector website.
  7. geshel...you are.....

100% correct.

About everything :)

I have not played either a Epiphone Jack Cassidy, or a Lakland hollowbody.

Also, the bass is a korean model. This is why I was so suprised by the sounds it generated.

I was posting while at work, and was busy...etc...etc. Excuses...buttholes...you do the rest.

Sorry about that guys.

Kick ass bass.
  8. I'm considering buying one...only a 5-er...and there are no Spector dealers around in my area...dammit.