1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Semi-Hollow

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tufnuts, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Hi all.

I just played a Spector Semi-Hollowbody w/ the Fishman piezo's. Single standard P/U, with volume for both piezo and P/U. Tone for the P/U, Cut/Boost for the piezo. 4 string.

Good golly molly. I was entranced. I just started pumping out solid, groovy fingerstyle like none other. Very inspiring. Then I switched up some tapping, slap/pop, chordal playing, anything I could think of.

Amazing.

Anyone else played one?

2. I have not yet tried them. However, as an owner of 3 Europe series Spector basses, I am very interested in testing these basses out!

3. D'oh. Forgot to mention, it was a Czech series bass also. EMG HZ P/U passive.

Trully a phenominal bass, both sonically and aesthetically.

4. You're entering Jack Casady territory now. Sounded really good? I gotta check one of these out. How much was it going for? Tufnuts, did you ever play a Casady? It would be nice if someone here had played both.

Mike J.

5. It was $599 w/o case. But I can't remember the list.

I haven't played that Lakland JC, but man...now I'm thinking of seriously trying to find a semi-hollow 6'er w/ piezos.

Whew.

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    "Lakland JC" ? There's a Lakland hollowbody. THen there's the Epiphone Jack Casady model.

Also, I thought the semi-hollows were Korean made? They're not listed under "European Series" on the Spector website.

7. geshel...you are.....

100% correct.

About everything :)

I have not played either a Epiphone Jack Cassidy, or a Lakland hollowbody.

Also, the bass is a korean model. This is why I was so suprised by the sounds it generated.

I was posting while at work, and was busy...etc...etc. Excuses...buttholes...you do the rest.

Sorry about that guys.

Kick ass bass.

8. I'm considering buying one...only a 5-er...and there are no Spector dealers around in my area...dammit.