1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector Spalted Euro Neck Thru 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mophead, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    For Sale: Spector Euro 5 string with Spalted maple wings over a slab of walnut or whatever the wood is in the middle of the wings.

Most Spectors have a thin sliver of this, but for whatever reason this one has about a 1/2" thick piece.
    Recent Sadowsky Nickel strings, all gold knob conversion. I got a NS-JH-5 for Christmas and this one just sits. I take it as a backup sometimes but it never comes out of the case. Just hot rodded a Rebop 5 with actives and BQC so it will be the back up or player.

This bass needs to be played. The B string will have women tugging at their clothing in a very desirable way.

It is virtually unmarked except for a couple of fingernail marks by the G string put there by previous owner because I don't do that stuff. The back has NO buckle rash. No tarnish or wearing on any of the gold stuff.

This is an easy 9+ out of 10. They get more nicks than this one hanging at the store. This bass also has the EMG BQC system preamp installed also. Stacked treble/bass cut/boost, stacked mid cut/boost/mid sweep, treble dip switches in control cavity, volume, pan between pickups. Much more flexible than the Tone Pump.

Spector hard shell case included to protect this beauty. Bass weighs 10 pounds, 5 ounces.

No trades.

$1200 and it heads your way. International possible but freight will be added.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Unless this is different from other Spector Euros, it is walnut between spalted maple(front) and alder(back). You're right though, I've never seen the middle wood so thick on one of these. Beautiful

LOL....true!!! Spector low Bs are the shizzy! Bump for a gorgeous Spector at a great price.

3. smokey713

smokey713

Jun 28, 2006
    Cynthiana, Ky
    are u sure your not interested in trades? cuz i have a '92 warwick thats just screamin your name lol.

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    I'm interested. - PM Sent

5. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    wow...

6. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Amazing Spector!

What's the string spacing at the bridge? I would love to get my hands on this beauty :bassist:

7. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    i believe all spector 5ers are 16.8mm at the bridge

8. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    aww, bro!

yeah, i think i did the marks by the G string...my fault...i don't think i got it from Adam that way...this is a special one, folks...

9. youngs

youngs

Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    Weight? , Can you post some more pics? I am very interested.

10. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    well, here are some of me abusing it :D god, that was a sweet bass...just so you guys know, i got it from adam (adamonbass/firkinahsoul) because he had a dozen or so spectors to begin with, and i sold it along with two other gorgeous basses so that i could get out of a lease agreement on an apartment to buy a house...this bass has zero issues and sounds/plays _awesome_

i'd also like to put in there that mophead is a great guy to deal with :D

11. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I can first hand say how this bass is unique. I bought it just because it had the extra bit o' walnut from Spector. Grab it up before I get it back.

12. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    That 2J looks familar...:)

13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    you don't even know how close i was to buying that amber euro 4 with black hardware from you a few months back :D that 2J is sweet!

ok, back on track ;)

bump!

14. Man, I'd love to have that seafoam MTD! It sold to Estonia, IIRC?

Oh, and I tried an American Spector today, natural oil finish, and it was really nice. Great b-string and a breeze to play. I don't know the preamp, but the bass was built in 2001.

What preamp did Spector use back then? It's a 2-band boost/cut.

Spectors are the real deal!

15. youngs

youngs

Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
    If it has 1 vol / 1 pan it's EMG , if it has 2 volume it's tonepump circuit.

16. mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    The Spector is on hold pending payment.

Thank you all for your interest.

17. mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Bass is sold.

Thread Status: