No longer available Spector (SSD) NS-5 Natural Quilted Maple w/ OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by japhy4529, Apr 9, 2017.

1. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my 1993 (SSD-era), Spector NS-5 in natural finish with solid, quilted maple wings, maple neck-thru, rosewood fingerboard and crown inlays, EMG pickups and a US Haz 9v preamp. There is one Smith tuner on the B string. The rest are regular Schallers that came off another Spector NS bass. The knobs are not original but are fully functional. The pots are a little scratchy but nothing major. The bass is 34" scale and is in very good condition. A little thumb wear near the pickups.

Includes OHSC in good condition (note: it does have a band name stenciled on the side, but it hasn't bothered me enough to cover it up).

This bass sounds huge! The B string is thunderous and all that mapley goodness really brings out tone that can cut through the mix when necessary. Also, the neck is really thin front to back compared with other Spector 5 strings I've played. It has a bit of a Jazz neck feel to it. Very comfortable.

Price lowered to $2400 shipped, fully insured CONUS. No trades.

IMG_4329.JPG IMG_4330.JPG IMG_4331.JPG IMG_4332.JPG IMG_4333.JPG

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    I have an SSD NS-5 from that same era, and the necks on them are nice.

japhy4529 likes this.
  3. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    The pattern in this body would looks so cool as is or modified with a stain...plus, the 9V from this era is similar to some Kramer circuits and has a vintage tone I'm sure....killer bass!

japhy4529 likes this.
  4. japhy4529

It sure would! If I kept her, I would go with a Bahama Blue, or similar. Yeah, the tone of this bass is great. I wish I didn't have to sell, but alas life happens sometimes.

Torn Bassist likes this.
  5. Joelc73

Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Really cool bass... Good luck wth the sale.

japhy4529 likes this.
  6. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
  7. japhy4529

No, US only.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021