1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

No longer available Spector SSD NS4CR Euro with HAZ preamp - Rare!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Corevalay, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    Back Up for sale as a feeler. This is an excellent example of a Spector bass. This has been my #1 since I bought it, but a recent GAS purchase is causing me to list.

This is an NS4CR from the SSD era of Spector. All maple, same body shape as the NS-2, and of course, the 9V Czech Haz preamp. This bass absolutely RIPS!! Plays smooth and sounds fantastic. As close as you're going to get to a USA Spector without the hefty price tag. These basses certainly don't pop up often, and after playing it for a while, I understand why!

The neck is 1.64" at the nut, but is relatively thin front to back. This is by far the most comfortable Spector neck I've played. The bass is in great shape with a few minor dings on the headstock. Also, the plastic is peeling back a bit, but that's an easy fix.

Weighs about 10lbs with Gold Hardware.

The only reason I'm looking to let this go is because my hand seems to prefer a 1.5" nut and I recently picked up a Wimbish Euro.

Price is negotiable, but within reason. I'm not thrilled about letting this go, so I'd rather not give it away. Listed price includes GOLD hardware with no drop tuner. You'll get the regular tuner. This includes the solid brass bridge and gold tuners. Comes with a Spector gig bag. I'll get pics with Gold up ASAP.

Possible Trade Interests: Jazz basses, PJ basses plus $$$

Any questions, feel free to ask! Shipping CONUS only.

IMG_7738.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Nino Valenti and fretlesswonder like this.
  2. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Weight?

3. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    With the Black hardware, about 9.3lbs.
    With the Gold hardware, about 10lbs

4. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Cool, thanks.

5. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I think this was my old bass. Didnt think the preamp would make that much of a difference. Boy was I wrong.

6. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Price Drop...

7. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Let's hear some trade offers!

8. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Decided to keep this.

9. Corevalay

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Back on the market!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021