1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Spector / SSD SD-5P 5er #19 1992

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by e.rich, Jan 28, 2020.

1. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for grabs today is a very rare one. When Stuart Spector went off on his own after Kramer imploded, he and PJ Rubal experimented with some interesting shapes based on the curved NS design. This is an SD-5P, which incorporates a very comfortable 34 inch scale, solid maple wings and thunderous low B, paired with an 18V US Haz pre-amp and piezo bridge. The latter has separate blend controls so you can mix to taste along with that 18V Haz goodness. This bass nails the tone in the intro to Jet City Woman every day of the week (among other things including AIC, Scorpions etc).

It was refinished by a prior owner by Cue in this great deep red color. It's noted as Custom on the headstock due to the refin. I believe it left the shop in '92 in black originally. No hardshell case but the bass will ship well-protected in a Mono M80 case (no additional cost).

A few more details on the preamps:
    Standard 18v Haz preamp: Master volume, pickup balance, stack bass/treble controls (2 regular knobs, 1 stacked knob)
    Piezo bridge: separate blend, stack bass/treble controls (1 regular knob, 1 stacked knob)

Weight is a robust 10lbs, 4oz on my postage scale.

The sound is sublime but I just don't have a need for the low B in much of my playing. She deserves to be rocked by someone who loves that super low end.

I'm really only looking for 4 string Spectors (US or Euros); all other trades will be politely declined.

Asking $2500/shipped, CONUS. I prefer to not ship outside of North America, however, due to the length of the box. Spector Club discount applies; please inquire within.
    IMG_0639.jpg B8BCEA67-33E8-4626-8A10-EBC34C3E4A00.jpeg IMG_0637.jpg 24E59EB4-45B3-446E-8E2A-FD4A8D5E4DFA.jpeg ABE49BB1-C0CF-4CFC-B458-72AE1EB932BB.jpeg 92FF4693-0EFE-4188-B192-DFA8FC305183.jpeg IMG_0638.jpg IMG_1817.jpg IMG_1815.jpg IMG_0771.jpg

Attached Files:

2. sawzalot

sawzalot Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2007
    I owned serial #22 of these basses. They’re really amazing.

e.rich likes this.
  3. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Trade pending.

4. 21DaHoagie12

21DaHoagie12

Feb 21, 2019
    New Jersey
    ... it would appear I have made quite an egregious error by hesitating on this bass xD

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021