Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector still make the NS4 czech model?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vegaas, Dec 23, 2003.

1. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    I am looking online and havent found much. Have they discontinued the line?

2. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Isn't the Euro4? It is czech made.

3. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    I'm confused. I know they used to have the NS4 U.S. and Czech models. Now I see they have a Re-bob and Euro series. I played a NS4 Czech model about a year and a half ago. I loved it. I am in the market for a bass now and I want that NS4. I want the Czech model because it was much cheaper than the U.S.
    So what is the story. Did they discontinue it? What is its equivelent now?

4. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I have only been into Spector for about 3 months. I am building my history knowledge as we speak. I was told that the American made basses were the only NSAs, and the overseas product was the NSA2. Of course, that may only hold true for my generation NSA2 (1987-1990).
    I picked up a new blue Euro4 a few months ago, and decided that I must own one. Then I found my used one for $450 and decided that it played and sounded very close to the new ones (the both have P/J EMGs). Everything seems almost the same. I know the electronics are probably different, but I couldn't be happier.
    I don't know how long they have had the Euro4 out, but it is a top notch instrument.
    Wes

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The Euro4 is the equalivalent of the older model known as the NS4CRFM (the 5 string versions are Euro5 and NS5CRFM respectively).

The NS2 and NS4 have always been model numbers reserved for the US built models, to the best of my knowledge.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Yup, that's my understanding too!

7. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Thanks guys. I got it know.

8. Vegaas - I've got a mint NS4CRFM Plum stain (made in Czech Republic) about to go up on the auction block. Would you be interested before I list it. Email if interested.