Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spector strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by lpbassics, Apr 17, 2002.

1. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    anybody use these, i was thinking of trying them out.

any comments on how they sound or good comparisons would be great.

ive got a spector btw.

thx in advance

lp

2. spector_guy2004

spector_guy2004 Guest

Apr 11, 2002
    Hollister, Ca, USA
    well i just got a brand new spector bass. it had strings on it or course. im not quite sure if they are spector strings. they have a very bright metallic sound to them. i myself like a warmer tone but you may like them.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I tried these strings once. Just once.

One of the strings broke as I was tuning up the bass. Another was broken RIGHT OUT OF THE BAG. Good thing I got two sets.

They played poorly and sounded bad, too. I hated them. I'll never go near them again.

However, my broken strings could have just been a fluke, and strings are very personal, you might love them! Hey I hate DR strings, too, and lots of people swear by them. So take my $0.02 for what it's worth. :)

4. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    cool thx guys,

i havn't tried them yet, guess ill grab a set just to see for myself

-lp

5. The Korean Spectors come standard with GHS strings, not sure about the US ones though.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've only ever had the strings that came on my Spectors - the importer in the UK is Rotosound for Spector stuff, I guess they don't need to import Spector strings! At least I've never seen any!

One Spector was a Czech one, one was a Korean one - I guess the latter comes with GHS strings as pointed out in a post above (anyone know what the European Spectors come with?)

I'm using Warwick Red label on my Spectors now - although I would have used Rotos if I could have gotten 5 string sets at the time!

7. spector_guy2004

spector_guy2004 Guest

Apr 11, 2002
    Hollister, Ca, USA
    ok so my spector is a horean one. i dont have spector strings. forget what i said. its the ghs strings that suck.

8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Spec strings are great! I never tried them till i bought my american made spector! They are very warm! I also like the cleaning cloth that comes with them!

9. I had the same problem, except for one being broken out of the bag. Never again--I'm sticking with Fodera non-tapers.

10. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    hmmm... maybe ill have to try them out then.

lp