1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector stringspacing... (REX 2000/5)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zanthrax, May 6, 2002.

1. A couple of days ago I got the opertunity to test a Spector REX 2000/5 and that was a strange experience... It was a really nice bass, though I didn't like the neckfinish... (It also had a bad battery so I wasnt able to play it amplified... :mad: ) The thing that suprised me was that I was able to slap on it... Am I mistaken or doesn't Spectors have "thight" stringspacing? I may sound like a stupid question but I just so suprised because I've tested a Warwick Corvette and then I couldn't slap because of the tight stringspacing...

Could it be so that my praticing on slapping actually has an effect??? (What I mean is that i practise on a 4-string with wide spacing...)

Strange. Fun, yes. But strange...

2. I'm sure that any practice you have done helped the fact that you were able to slap on the Spector. I bought a Czech Spector 5-string not too long ago (a few months ago, in fact), and while I love the sound I just cannot get used to the tight spacing.