Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector stringspacing... (REX 2000/5)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zanthrax, May 6, 2002.

1. A couple of days ago I got the opertunity to test a Spector REX 2000/5 and that was a strange experience... It was a really nice bass, though I didn't like the neckfinish... (It also had a bad battery so I wasnt able to play it amplified... :mad: ) The thing that suprised me was that I was able to slap on it... Am I mistaken or doesn't Spectors have "thight" stringspacing? I may sound like a stupid question but I just so suprised because I've tested a Warwick Corvette and then I couldn't slap because of the tight stringspacing...

Could it be so that my praticing on slapping actually has an effect??? (What I mean is that i practise on a 4-string with wide spacing...)

Strange. Fun, yes. But strange...

2. I'm sure that any practice you have done helped the fact that you were able to slap on the Spector. I bought a Czech Spector 5-string not too long ago (a few months ago, in fact), and while I love the sound I just cannot get used to the tight spacing.