Spector Substitute?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kiwiboy, Mar 8, 2005.

1. So I absolutely love my spector legend right now, but I’d like it in fretless as well, is there any bass that would be an adequate substitute as a fretless? Silly question... but still? :meh:
  2. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Either get another one and have a luthier remove the frets.... or call up Stuart Spector and ask if it would cost much more to have a fretless one built and shipped to you. You'll find Stuart and the gang at Spector VERY helpful... :) :bassist:
  3. As my name implies i'm from new zealand so i might have some trouble getting hold of Stuart... I was looking to order a new one through bass northwest, they said 'no its not in the catalogue so we cant do it'. Call me vain but i hate the look of lines on a fretless, hmmmm... i guess i'll see what the guys at spector can do. Thanks
  4. Having the lines on a fretless really helps with intonation, I have lines on mine, you cant really see them from a distance, but you can when your playing it which helps!!
  5. My intonation's fine with or without lines, but i like not having lines because you have to think differently. There isn't any visual map for your notes so you have to 'imagine' and hear the notes much more so than with lines. Therefore completely removing my eyes from the equation - which in turn helps me focus on other aspects of the music... or look out for some hot chick in the crowd :D , at least that’s what I’ve found. Plus it looks cooler and people generally think you are a better bassist cuz of it. :smug:
  6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Order it. Bass Northwest will give you a price. I would go to the source first.
  7. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

There is NO substitute for a Spector......period.
  8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    +1...there just like Porsche...there is no substitute, indeed! :smug: