1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Tone Pump

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BigLoopDuke, Aug 3, 2007.

1. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    So, I'm messing around with my Spector ReBop5 tonight and I've completely fallen for the Tone Pump. I started playing with the controls more than I ever have and was able to pull some of the sweetest sounds I've heard from my gear.

I ran everything through my MicroBass II clean. My goal was to see what I really could do with it. I've got a set of 5-string Chromes on the bass currently.

Typically, I've run both pickups full on and only messed around with variations of the bass and treble gain. Tonight, I wanted to try some new stuff.

With the bridge pickup turned up, the neck turned down and both treble and bass turned up, I get a super scooped tone, sort of a EBMM, but more subtle and creamy.

With the neck up and the bridge down and the treble set at about 1/2 and bass up full, I'm in dub city. It's thick. No string noise. Just super fat bass.

I'm in the process of recording this weekend with my band. My evenings experiements will go a long way to shaping some better tone for the sessions.