Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector TonePump Active Preamp - NEW !!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Rod Harder, Jun 29, 2004.

1. THIS PREAMP IS SOLD !!!!

Hi,

I have a basically NEW Spector "TonePump" preamp out of my Spector Euro 5 that I need to sell, it's a good sounding pre but all of my other Spectors have Aguilar OBP-1 preamps so I swapped it out for an Aggie so they all have the same output and relatively similar tone.
    This preamps lists for $199.00 from Spector, and I think they sell it direct for around $130.00, so I'm open to reasonable offers for this unit.
    Email me at rodharder@shaw.ca or PM me here on the board with any questions, and please NO TRADES, I don't need anything at the moment.
    This is a 9V preamp, with bass and treble boost only, like the OBP-1 but it has TONS OF GAIN, and a hotter output than the OBP-1.
    Thanks,
    Rod

2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    How would you compare the Tone Pump to the EMG BTS circuit?

3. It's warmer than the BTS or the Aggie in my opinion, it warms up the DC40s in my 5 string Spectors but as I said I have OBP-1's in all my other Spector Euro basses so I wanted consistency from bass to bass when I switch basses during a show.
    It's hotter than the OBP-1 or the EMG preamps, and the treble frequency seems to be centred at a lower frequency but that could just be my ears too.
    That's my opinion anyhow.....
    Rod

4. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I may be interested...I'll get back to you...

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  6. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Darn...maybe I'll contact Spector and get one sent up...