1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

spector truss rod cover $20?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sub5ound, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Sub5ound

Sub5ound Banned

Sep 6, 2008
    Catskills, New York
    I recently picked up a legend classic 5 in great shape at guitar center for $200. I'm very pleased with it and find it to be the most comfortable 5 strings i ever played. All it was missing was a truss rod cover/nameplate. I know it doesnt affect playability, but it bothers me not being there. I contacted spector, which is relatively
    close to where I live and they told me a new one would be $20 plus shipping. Does this seem a little high for a small piece of plastic?:eyebrow:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes, but you can't get it from anyone else, so they can do that to you ;)

Besides, they're in the business to sell basses, not parts. Parts take more time and money, and without volume, they need a higher markup to make the parts worth while.

3. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Them's the breaks.

You don't have to get it. You could leave you bass... Incomplete.

4. Sub5ound

Sub5ound Banned

Sep 6, 2008
    Catskills, New York
    maybe cuz Im not registered for a warranty or anything they charge more. I dont know. The customer service was good though. Nice fellow named PJ. I remember warwick sending me a new adjust-a-nut for free! oh well...probably buy it anyway, after i get some straplocks, you know, important stuff I actually need.

5. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Yes, leave it last for when u'll have money to spend :)