1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Us Bolt-on 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Now i'm really excited about this. I'm like a huge Spector fanatic. At the same time, i also really wanted a 6 string bass for my progressive stylings. I couldn't afford the US neck-through, and i didn't want the low end 6 string, i wanted somethin in the middle. The 6 string is out now. That just gives me so much GAS it's rediculous. :D I swear, i'm gonna try to hold back as long as possible before getting myself one, but i doubt i'll be able to hold off long.

2. KillMary

KillMary

Jan 25, 2001
    Lots of poeple play bolt-ons when they could afford neck-throughs. It's a matter of taste. Just play it and see if you like the sound. Or don't, if you don't want to spend the money :D

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    yeah i saw that! My spector usa bolt on 5 looks just like that one on there web page! Same color! But its not here in my arems yet! boooo hoooo!

4. No no, i like the sound of the Spector american bolt-on. What i was saying was that i probably shouldn't be buying another bass yet. So i'm gonna try to hold in my GAS as long as possible.

5. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I am quite interested in a Spector bolt-on 6 as well. I think that it would be perfect with the swamp ash body and the aguilar preamp. Like the Sadowsky 6 I have always dreamed about! ;) Except with a Spector body and neck and six strings... Seriously, it looks totally sweet. I want one... Now I have to think about color and reasons not to buy it...

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Oh my God!
    I want one of those!!!!
    I have always wanted a Spector, but I play 6 strings.
    The NS Neck trough is way too expensive and I didnt want the NS2000Q6, at least a NS2000/6 wich doesnt exist. But now.. that Bolt On model is giving me serious Gas..
    Bad is.. I dont have the money.

7. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Wow, the new 6 looks sweet. :)

Hey, while I was there, I checked out this Quicktime movie clip they have of a fella named Qunitin Berry.

I had never heard of him before, but man he sure does groove. The reason I mention this is in the clip, he has a very unorthadox playing style. I'm not even going to begin trying to explain it, but you'll see what I mean if you watch the clip.

I also jumped to a page with pics of him, and in all the photos, he is playing with that same style. Just goes to show, it comes down to whatever works for you.