Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector Us Bolt-on 6 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Now i'm really excited about this. I'm like a huge Spector fanatic. At the same time, i also really wanted a 6 string bass for my progressive stylings. I couldn't afford the US neck-through, and i didn't want the low end 6 string, i wanted somethin in the middle. The 6 string is out now. That just gives me so much GAS it's rediculous. :D I swear, i'm gonna try to hold back as long as possible before getting myself one, but i doubt i'll be able to hold off long.

2. KillMary

KillMary

Jan 25, 2001
    Lots of poeple play bolt-ons when they could afford neck-throughs. It's a matter of taste. Just play it and see if you like the sound. Or don't, if you don't want to spend the money :D

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    yeah i saw that! My spector usa bolt on 5 looks just like that one on there web page! Same color! But its not here in my arems yet! boooo hoooo!

4. No no, i like the sound of the Spector american bolt-on. What i was saying was that i probably shouldn't be buying another bass yet. So i'm gonna try to hold in my GAS as long as possible.

5. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I am quite interested in a Spector bolt-on 6 as well. I think that it would be perfect with the swamp ash body and the aguilar preamp. Like the Sadowsky 6 I have always dreamed about! ;) Except with a Spector body and neck and six strings... Seriously, it looks totally sweet. I want one... Now I have to think about color and reasons not to buy it...

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Oh my God!
    I want one of those!!!!
    I have always wanted a Spector, but I play 6 strings.
    The NS Neck trough is way too expensive and I didnt want the NS2000Q6, at least a NS2000/6 wich doesnt exist. But now.. that Bolt On model is giving me serious Gas..
    Bad is.. I dont have the money.

7. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Wow, the new 6 looks sweet. :)

Hey, while I was there, I checked out this Quicktime movie clip they have of a fella named Qunitin Berry.

I had never heard of him before, but man he sure does groove. The reason I mention this is in the clip, he has a very unorthadox playing style. I'm not even going to begin trying to explain it, but you'll see what I mean if you watch the clip.

I also jumped to a page with pics of him, and in all the photos, he is playing with that same style. Just goes to show, it comes down to whatever works for you.