1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector US NS-5H2 Wide (19mm Spacing) - Golden Darkness

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Holdsg, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Indulge me if I get a bit sentimental as I tell a story.
    Once upon a time there was a Spector Hang, a Spector Owners Club event at the Guitar House in Tulsa, OK.
    That's the first time I played this bass (it was new stock for sale at the time).
    It played better than any other 5 string I had played up to that point, Spector on non-Spector.
    Felt great in the hand, extremely well balanced, very comfy with the wide spacing for my vienna sausage fingers, and tone that was out of this world.
    Fast forward 2 years, I was able to acquire the same bass on the secondary market.
    And I am now, alas, needing to sell it, just because my band needs have completely done a 180 degree turn since I purchased it. Such is life. At least I owned it for a time. If some of my other basses I have listed sell before this one, I will pull down this listing.

$1900 shipped within North America, will not ship outside of there, sorry.
    No trades, I need to thin my herd.

Here's the spec's, Spector style:

MODEL: NS-5H2W ( the H2 stands for 2 hum buckers, the W for wide 19mm spacing)
    Serial Number: 444
    DOB: 7/24/13
    NECK: Pau Ferro with MOP inlays, gloss finish on back of neck, wide 19mm string spacing
    BODY: ridiculously wavy Quilted Maple on Mahogany
    COLOR: Gold with Black stain, high gloss finish (I call the color Golden Darkness, that's just me)
    PICKUPS: EMG DCX (will come with one extra EMG 40P pickup, could be easily swapped for the DCX in the neck position for more classic Spector P/J tone)
    PREAMP: Stock US 9v HAZ Lab pre
    HARDWARE: BLACK, includes hipshot bridge, Gotoh tuners and black Schaller strap locks
    STRINGS: D'addario rounds
    SCALE: 35"
    WEIGHT: 9 lbs 3.5 oz on my digital scale
    CASE: original hard-shell Spector case

Excellent condition, I don't see any dings anywhere, could be considered mint, but It's hard for me to call a nearly 4-year old bass mint.

Pics don't do justice to the beauty of this bass.

DSCN1382_zps80xyfytq.

DSCN1384_zps4kwmmmxe.

DSCN1383_zpsx9xbmovq.

DSCN1390_zps0ffq1ick.

DSCN1391_zpstj1xbm4e.

DSCN1393_zpsn0hhvppp.

2. Wolf Tower 5

Wolf Tower 5 Still looking for all the answers.

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    As the last previous owner I can say that this bass hits every Spector tone there is. I can also confirm that it's is easily the most beautiful as well as tremendous sounding basses I've come across. For me it was simply too man broken bones in my left hand and a never ending carpal tunnel syndrome that made me sell. Even my wife encouraged me to keep it because it sounded that good. Neck front to back is as thin as you can get. Its absurdly fast and smooth. If you want the Spector sound, with the added thunder of a B string, dont hesitate on this killer bass.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    jebmd and Holdsg like this.
  3. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    This bass haunted me for years and still does...but, good thing I can't afford it right now! Too bad as this is an AMAZING price! Great seller to deal with!:thumbsup:

Holdsg likes this.
  4. Mr.Ace

Mr.Ace Bass players rule!

Sep 8, 2015
    Pompano Beach FL
    Endorsed by Fusion ( maker of killer gig bags)
    drool

Holdsg likes this.
  5. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Sold

smeet and Rod Harder like this.