1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector USA Bolt-on 5: Spalted Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by incognito89x, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Bumperooni.

2. Antonius

Antonius

Nov 26, 2002
    NL
    I have come back to this thread a couple of times to watch the pics. At first sight, I found the "centrifugal pattern" around the neck pu to distract from the NS/Spector shape. It took some time to get used to this very typical spalt pattern, but it gets better the more I look at it. Would you by any chance be willing to consider Europe as a destination for this beauty?

3. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy Registered Loser Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Altoona, PA
    SOMEONE needs to buy this! I'm not sure I'm allowed to do this, but seeing it made me want this bass even more:

There's a nearly identical Spector USA BO 5 w/ Spalted top on a certain online auction place right now. His BIN price is $1600. SO, basically this one here on TB has a Spalted top that looks TWICE as nice and it's $100 less than than an identical bass.

Incognito89x, is there any way you can put this bass on hold for me until a few of my other basses sell!??

4. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    Im very interested, shoot me an email

5. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    PM sent.

Also, PMs replied.

6. HOLY CRAP BASSGASM *dies*

that is so beautiful

7. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I don't usually like spalted tops, but this looks pretty nice. Don't know much about Spectors though.

8. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    I think Im doing this wrong being new to this forum. Ive bought lots of stuff from the low end and bassgear.com. How do I get in touch with you regarding a purchase? Thanks

9. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    PMs replied.

10. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Still here :bag:

11. mophead

mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Notice you also have a Euro 4 bolt on I assume is a Rebop. How does this bass sound in comparison to the passive Rebop? I have a Rebop and a euro neck through fiver and they sound quite different to each other. I know how something sounds is subjective, but I would think your 4 and this fiver would be similar. Eh? Thanks.

12. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    Don't sell this.

13. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    It's hard to say because my ReBop is a two-of-a-kind prototype bass. It's got an Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp instead of the usual TonePump and Dimarzio Jazz pickups instead of the usual EMG's.

The 4 has a lot more punch and high end zing to it. It's also much heavier.

The 5 has more of what I would call a biting attack, rather than a punchy one. Less mid heavy, more balanced throughout the EQ.

Believe me it's hard.

14. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    PMs replied.

15. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    PMs replied. BUmpo

16. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Still available

:confused:

17. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    Man, I can't believe this beauty is still available. If this were a 4 string, I'd be in trouble for sure. Someone needs to take advantage of this great deal.

18. holy cow, do you take payment plans? layaway? something? hehehe

19. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I hear ya there. It's taken me about 4-5 months just to get the courage to list this bass for sale :p

For as many basses that I buy and sell it seems, I probably should! :bag: :smug:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.