1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Spector USA Forte 5x with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by clbass, May 23, 2018.

1. clbass

clbass Supposing Member Gold Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario strings, AccuGroove cabs
    Price:
    Strings:
    Excellent Spector Forte 5x, made in Woodstock NY. 35" scale, neck through maple neck, pau ferro board, solid maple body wings. These are pretty rare and this one has been upgraded with gold hardware, custom gold & abalone knobs, and Nordstrand dual coils set up as passive. Original EMG DC-40 pickups and Aguilar OBP-2 preamp included. Ships in the original Spector hardshell case.

PayPal, Zelle, or cash. Local NYC/NJ area pickup available. ConUS shipping add $75. Trade value is $3k. I am mainly interested a 34” scale 5 string with narrow spacing. Fodera, Spector, Stingray, or other 5 with 17mm-18mm. I'd also consider an NS-2, vintage Jazz, or possibly a Mesa D-800, +/- as appropriate. Other suggestions considered, send me a message.

Forte5x_00.jpg Forte5x_01.jpg Forte5x_02.jpg Forte5x_03.JPG Forte5x_04.jpg Forte5x_05.jpg Forte5x_06.jpg Forte5x_07.jpg Forte5x_08.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. DemBoneZ

DemBoneZ

Apr 17, 2013
    jesus bro that is insane :O

GonePlaid and clbass like this.
  3. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Love it. I almost ordered one a few years ago and was told it would be 13lbs with the maple wings.

clbass likes this.
  4. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Well then this is a relatively svelte 12 lbs 2 oz! I suppose a swap for the lightweight Spector aluminum helium bridge and lightweight tuners could bring it into mid 11 lb territory.

AdamR likes this.
  5. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    How do you like the Nordstrands in it ? I was thinking of putting some in my Euro 5. Does it still sound Spectorish ?

clbass likes this.
  6. Tdmannjr

Tdmannjr

Jul 11, 2013
    If that was a 4 string I would have grabbed that from you.

clbass likes this.
  7. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I think it sounds awesome with the Nordys. It has an open and organic sound that can still get a Spector-style edge, which I attribute to the neck through and solid maple wings. Plus they look super cool in this bass. Though the stock EMGs and Aggie OBP-2 are included to put it back to its original Spectorness if one so desires.

8. Ellery

Ellery

Mar 25, 2015
    If the stable wasn't full I'd jump on this!drooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldrool

clbass likes this.
  9. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Any sound clips ?

10. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    With the included original EMG DC-40s and Aguilar OBP-2

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021