1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Spector USA Pickup Options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hotrodjohn, Feb 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Dear Spector USA player/owners,

I’ve never held one in my hand. I see that they come with different pickups: EMG, Aguilar, Fishman, etc. and several different pre-amps, 9v and 18v.

Can the hive mind steer me in the right direction for best pickup and preamp choice in a USA Spector NS5-XL? I play mostly prog and metal.

Thanks for your help.

2. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    EMG with Haz Lab pre...pickups to be either reverse P with a J, or those pickups in soapbar shells.

StevieMac and hotrodjohn like this.
  3. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    This is THE Spector sound...listen when the verses begin.

Relayer71 and hotrodjohn like this.
  4. hotrodjohn

Aug 7, 2009
    very cool - thanks

songwriter21 likes this.
  5. hotrodjohn

Aug 7, 2009
    songwriter21 likes this.
  6. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Those are DC40s, with just having more midrange (can always cut if needed).

This has a Darkglass BK3 with it, but still, man....

(1:48)

7. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    My bad, his preamp was an EMG BQC pre, not Haz. It's nasty, regardless.

V SHAPE MIND likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021