Spector website has NAMM photos

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cetera, Jan 25, 2005.

1. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
  2. WOW! I didn't know Tony Levin liked spector..... and what the hell are those slab bodied spectors? this needs investigating further....
  3. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Now that's a name I haven't heard in ages. Dennis Pepa! I loved Death Angel.

4. Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    lets face it boys, spectors are the among the best basses imo

my euro lx 4 is my bass shrine which I must worship at at least twice a day for fear of upsetting the bass gods :)

I'm from Wales by the way, represent ;-)
  5. rdhbass

Jun 28, 2003
    Springfield, mo
    I don't play a spector, but i find it confusing to know which are the better ones and all. From the bolt on ones to the Rebops, to the neck thru, to the Kramer-spector series of the 80's, it is all so darn confusing to me. Many variations of the same darn bass, over and over and over. Geez.
  6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    wow I really want to see these pictures and for some odd reason the Spector website hasnt been working for me well... since I bought my spector ironically enough... Could someone be so kind as to post the pic of T Lev, those "slab basses" and anything else that may be interesting/ out of the ordinary.

Many thanks,
  7. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
  8. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
  9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Sweet photos thanks for the link. I'm starting to warm to Spectors even though I haven't liked them in the past. I've been listening to and watching video of a lot of Joe Jackson and Graham Maby (who has become my #1 favorite bassist) has been playing the same red 5 string Spector for years (he has a black one, too). I love the nice original shape of them and I'm really warming to big P-size necks that they use.

Nice to see PJ, my brother used to work with him at Veneman's and I replaced him in our band GUM when he decided to leave. (Big shoes to fill, PJ's a darn good bassist) I remember Peter talking about how he never brought the same bass to practice twice.

More guitars? Oh boy...
  10. Picture Caption on bottom: "Our good friend Josh Curry, talkbassass.com denizen, and owner of many Spectors."

I assume they mean talkbass.com? :eyebrow:
  11. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    WOOHOO! A picture of ME! I'm famous n' stuff :)

But seriously, it was a lot of fun hangin with those guys. I'm playing PJ's USA 5 there, I think everyone played it. PJ is trying to get me hooked on the USA models now. It was sooo niiice. I got to meet Stuart, PJ, and OZ finally after all this time. They are all really nice guys who are more than happy to just hang out and chat. I'll let them know about the spelling error.

I'm also in the collage in the top, but I'm so small you can't really tell it's me. If you look at the picture in the with Stuart, he is basically standing on my picture.

They we're giving me a hard time because of my Aguilar shirt in the photo. This was on my second day there and I had already wore my Spector shirt the day before. I told them they we're lucky I didn't wear my Warwick shirt. HA! It was kinda funny, but I think it might have been a bit much. Good thing they have a sense of humor. Oh, I don't really have a Warwick shirt.

P.S. Seeing Quintin Berry play was something to behold. That dude is amazing.
  12. Jimmy Eppard (http://www.spectorbass.com/images/NAMM2005/jimmy.jpg) is one cool guy to hang with!!! The finishes he did on a few of those Spectors was amazing.

His two children are incredibly phenomenal musicians. Josh Eppard plays drums with Coheed and Cambria (www.coheedandcambria.com) and Joey is a badass songwriter/guitarist with his own project, "3":

13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Spector basses never fail to ignite nigh but legendary GAS in me. One of my ever present quests is all things Spector.

Hopefully they'll make those Euro 6s a regular product line, so I can have the time to afford one. If not, I can always settle for a 4 or 5.